RSS Feed

PowerPoint Final Project

December 4, 2012 by arichard@uoregon.edu   

Assignment Description:

It is recommended that the Powerpoint presentation topic be the Prototype shell of the students’ Winter term professional ePortfolio website they will produce. Students have the option to choose a different presentation topic. Examples and specifications of both are shown. The Powerpoint piece is one of three presented at Finals. Note: Students choosing to do the Showcase/Professional ePortfolio website prototype must include the following PRIMARY navigation links/categories. Please reference the following flow chart PDF for the sample. Secondary navigation links/categories may vary depending on individual experience.

Info Design PowerPoint Final PDF Format

Info Design PowerPoint Final PPT Format

For the final PowerPoint project for Advanced Info Design and Presentation (one of two finals–the other can be found here), I made a fully navigable prototype of my WordPress site, bestshowevereugene.wordpress.com. This site was my Transmedia Field Guide for another class, Art in Society. The prototype looks more amatuer-ish than the actual site. But that’s to be expected, because for the site I used a pre-made, professional-looking WordPress template (although I did use my Photoshop skills, gained from this class, to make the banner!). I like aspects of the prototype though (which is set up almost identically to the real site, which itself was based off the SmartArt flow chart I made for this class). In particular, I like the yellow star that indicates which page you’re on, and fonts I used –Popstars for the title “Best Show Ever,” and Richard Murray for the headings. I got both of these at dafont.com, my new favorite website. For the background image, I screened a stock photo of a disco ball way back in Illustrator. I was planning on making the background similar to the banner for my site, adding a photo from one of the concerts I attended, but it was way too busy-looking.  This project was an exercise in self-control–I kept it simple this time. I also became much more comfortable with PowerPoint as a result of this project.

»