RSS Feed

Graphic Standards Final Project

December 4, 2012 by arichard@uoregon.edu   

Assignment Description: The Graphic Standards represents a culmination of students’ logo design, collateral pieces and other presentation specification around their organizations brand. Specifications and examples of past cohort standards are provided. The standards are presented at Finals.

Info Design Graphic Standards Final PDF

I enjoyed using InDesign to create graphic standards for one of two Advanced Information Design and Presentation final projects (the other can be found here). I like the degree of precision InDesign accommodates. After setting the purple bars as design elements on the master pages of the document, as well as page numbers (with the help of Prof. Eric Schiff), I was off and running. The most time-consuming part of the creation of this project was making the measures for the collateral pieces. It was also a bit difficult to make sure the text boxes for each page were placed consistently between all the pages. I set my margins pretty far in for all the pages, so I didn’t have a lot of space to work with, but I did so intentionally because I thought it looked a little more modern and less like a Word document with some images thrown in. I had to scale down the collateral, logo images, and display ad in order to fit the text and each image comfortably on the same page, so I hope I didn’t make those images (and the measurements) too small to see. I think it turned out well, and I am pleased that I was able to create something that looked so (relative to, say, my event poster) formal and professional.

»