In alignment with the UO mission statement and values, our mission is to foster the unique gifts and talents of Dreamer students and promote their sense of belonging and safety, as they pursue their higher education goals. We use the term “Dreamers” to refer to Undocumented, DACA-mented, Tuition Equity, and students of mixed status families.
The goals of our working group include:
- Raising faculty, staff, and student awareness of the experiences, challenges and assets of undocumented students across all units of campus that might be involved directly or indirectly with Dreamers;
- Promoting the safety, well-being and success of Dreamers;
- Maintaining the integrity needs for the confidentiality and identity of Dreamers.
There are approximately 11 million undocumented residents in the United States. Among them are students in our colleges and universities. Our commitment at the UO is to support those among us who desire an education to better their lives, that of their families and communities.
DACA and DREAMer Point of Contact
Justine Carpenter who is the Director of Multicultural and Identity-Based Support Services, is the University of Oregon’s point of contact for DACA, undocumented and students of mixed-status families seeking resources for a quality experience at the University of Oregon.
Justine Carpenter, Director of Multicultural and Identity-Based Support Services
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-346-1123
Office of the Dean of Students, 164 Oregon Hall
For general inquiries, please email the UO DREAMers Workgroup at:
Request a Training
The Steering Committee works collaboratively with the UO community and DREAMEer Allies to ensure that our campus is: inclusive, friendly and supportive to students, faculty, and staff irrespective of their immigration status, country of origin or ethnicity.
There are three sub-committees committed to supporting UO DREAMers and their families.
- Legislative Committee
- Students Resources and Support Committee
- Education, Training, and Outreach Committee