2 table spoons sugar
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 table spoons of white vinegar
4 cups all-purpose flour
6 cups of milk or buttermilk
2 table spoons of vegetable oil
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, sugar and salt till blending.
- Mix in 2 cups of milk and all flour, till smooth.
- Then slowly mix in the rest of milk and oil.
- In a cup mix the baking soda and white vinigar (it will foam!) and mix
into the batter.
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the skillet and oil slightly with a brush. Make pancakes!
Russians usually eat bliny for “Maslenitsa”. Read more about this holiday: http://blogs.uoregon.edu/tasteofrussia/sample-page/blinchiki-2/origin-of-russian-maslenitsa/