Review for Week 10

After the second midterm, I have been working on organizing my plans with surroundings and  give users an interesting self-experience when they are studying, learning, making, even just walking through my building.

Thinking about organization, I have two parts of building connected by a gathering space on the upper floor, which means the ground floor is  open to public. I set up a path for users pass through from the east city plaza to the garden area close to the river. It is the way I want to tell my story about how I deal with the city side and nature side.  However, after review, I think I still need to make my Maker space more visual.21

Sustainable strategies

Thinking about the organization of master plan, the liner shape building  have benefit of capturing natural light and ventilation .Atrium space is also important consideration in my design. I want to use atrium language help those space which have deep space gaining more skylight and ventilation, and people will have a rest place in my nice design atrium too. Stormwater collection is another sustainable strategies.

Material and tectonics research

Right now what I am using is double facades, the exterior one is metal grids for the green wall system and the interior one is more general way.  The green wall language is interesting , but I just want the green wall cover partial building. 

3

Wei final 1