International students insurance information can be on this page or on this link UOHealth Center Insurance
International Student Health Insurance Plan
Academic Year 2017–18
HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT: All international students are automatically billed for and enrolled in the UO Student Health Benefits Plan and must complete an ‘Insurance Compliance Form’. Use the following steps to become compliant:
- Login to myUOHealth student portal
- Click on the ‘Forms’ tab and complete the ‘Insurance Compliance’ Form
- Pay your premiums before the Compliance Deadline each term
If you have any questions about how to complete these required steps or how to receive an exemption, contact the University Health Center at 541-346-2770.
Please see this page for Enrollment Requirements for Insurance.
Please see this page for General Insurance Information such as payment due dates and coverage dates.
The University of Oregon requires that all international students have health insurance to help cover unexpected medical expenses that may arise. This includes international students who are studying abroad or have an approved medical or vacation term. All international students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the UO Student Health Benefits Plan.
New international students must also complete an insurance compliance form prior to UO course registration. You can find this form or submit an insurance waiver request form through the myUOHealth student portal.
The University of Oregon is pleased to partner with PacificSource to offer a high quality, affordable health plan for the 2017–18 year. For specific plan details, review the following documents:
- International Plan Summary (PDF)
- Student Guide (PDF)
- International Adult Dental Plan (PDF)
- International Pediatric Dental Plan (PDF)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage—International Non-Law (PDF)
You may also refer to PacificSource for additional resources, such as ordering an ID card or downloading the myPacificSource app. (Note: Once you have downloaded the myPacificSource app, create a user account searching by your UO Student ID number. You will then have access to your digital ID card).
Highlights of the Plan
- Platinum-level medical and prescription drug coverage for services at the University Health Center and with our local partners.
- Coverage anywhere: Your benefits tag along wherever you go, offering 24/7 emergency medical care and assistance anywhere in the world (excluding your home country).
- Coverage throughout the year—at school, at home, while traveling—our extensive network of providers keeps you covered as long as you are enrolled in the UO Student Health Benefits Plan.
- Affordability: low cost of coverage, co-pays, and deductibles with caps on annual out-of-pocket costs help eliminate the stress of finding great coverage.
- Mobile apps to keep you connected and healthy on the move.
Cost of Plan and How to Pay
- Charges are billed to the student’s account in three installments (once per term during the fall, winter, and spring terms).
- The deadline for summer term premium payment is June 29, 2018 (for UO non-law students). If you do not pay your premiums prior to this deadline, you will have an academic hold placed on your account and may be subject to a late-payment fee of $100.
- Student Billing (currently located in Oregon Hall) accepts cash, check, money order and online payments (which includes the use of credit cards).
How to Enroll Dependents
- International students are required to provide insurance that meets the UO standards for their eligible dependents who are with them here in the United States.
- Dependents cost the same per term/semester as students.
- Dependent enrollment forms can be found at myUOHealth, under the “Forms” tab.
- All dependents will be verified through the Office of International Affairs.
- Dependents are not eligible for medical services at the University Health Center. Go to PacificSource to find an in-network provider.
If You Already Have Insurance
- International students are required to have insurance which meets or exceeds the university’s requirements.
- If you have other health insurance, you may request a waiver. Be sure to review the university’s health insurance waiver criteria.
- The waiver request form (step-by-step instructions available) can be found at myUOHealth, under the “Forms” tab.
- Incomplete or inaccurate waiver submissions will not be considered.
- The deadline for waiver submissions is June 29, 2018 (summer term, for UO non-law students). If you miss this deadline, you may be eligible for a late waiver until July 20, 2018, but you will not receive a refund for the administrative fees on the plan.
What to expect when you get an approved waiver:
- You are responsible for paying the full cost of all services received at the University Health Center, which will be billed to your student account.
- The University Health Center will not bill your insurance company for any services you receive there unless you have the Pacific Source GTF insurance.
- After your visit, charges will appear on your DuckWeb account (generally within 2-3 weeks). At that time, you can print your itemized statements through myUOHealth and submit them to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
- You are responsible for knowing what your health insurance plan covers.