Meet Teresa, Bigfoot’s Intern!

Name: Teresa Tseng
Major & Minor: Operation Business Analytics, Computer Information Technology
Internship Position & Site: Space Planning Intern, Bigfoot Beverages

What was your internship title and organization, and what were your responsibilities?

My position was space planning intern at BigFoot Beverages. My main responsibilities were reorganizing coolers at Corner’s Market and building beverage data into the system.

The Fresh Corner Market in the Erb Memorial Union, University of Oregon
What attracted you to the LEI program?

LEI program is a place where they support diverse backgrounds of students and try their best to align internship opportunities with suitable students. It is a program that considers students a lot.

What did you like about working with your supervisor(s) and colleagues?

My favorite part about working with them was being able to communicate with them. I could always absorb new knowledge about work information and life experiences while chatting with them. I like the chances to share and listen to different stories.

Were there any surprises? What were they and why?

Instead of only sticking with my position, I was surprised that I could experience multiple categories of work in a company where I got hands-on in the print shop and met customers with sales. It was such a unique experience for junior students like me.

How has this internship set you up for success? What knowledge and skills did you learn that you can use in the future jobs?

Negotiating with competitors and winning over customers by building relationships with them are the two main techniques that I learned during the internship. I believed these two skills would set me up for success in future jobs because these were the essential back scenes that most people would not mention.

What potential career paths have the internship opened your mind to? Has your internship influenced your future goals/direction and if so, how?

This internship broadened my career paths which inspired my interest in the supply chain. What’s more important is that it built my confidence in exploring my future career because there were so many options and I just needed to develop.

Inside Bigfoot Beverage’s facility
What advice would you give to students interested in the LEI program? What should they know before applying?

Always be open-minded about what we are going to do! Never be afraid to show our characteristics so we can find the best suitable position.

How did participating in the LEI program impact your experience at UO?

The LEI program helped me connect with UofO closer because all the internship positions are highly related to our community. I have learned about Eugene a lot through this experience while realizing that many people support us in their ways.