A literature and digital culture blog

January 30, 2018

I decided to rewrite my blog post for this week after having technical difficulties with my website which I found to be quite funny considering I spent my last blog post talking about my struggles with technology and how I would like to get better at it. While I often feel as if I am an anomaly within my own generation, I can also appreciate my own ignorance in respects to technology. Should we be proud of how our society is overly consumed with technology? Our advances in the digital age are nearly past the point of believable. We should be proud of how far we have come technologically, but yet we are constantly trying to use technology less. Many people I know had the new years resolution this year to be on their phone less and in the moment more. As a society we appreciate the idea of going out into the woods for a few days and leaving our digital world behind. Why is that if so many of us see technology as a positive part of our life? I see it as a positive part of my life but there are also moments where I hate the fact that I use technology at all and wished it was different. I grew up on a farm in a rural area and I didn’t start using computers or even had a phones until I was around 13. When I think back on my life before technology consumed it, I miss it. However, I also feel like I was more ignorant. Not only because of my age, but I learn so much on a daily basis because of technology. If I have a question, I can have it answered in seconds. If you grew up without technology, how does your life feel different nowadays? Do you often wish you could go back in time where digital age wasn’t so present in your life? I do.

« »