UNIVERSITY OF OREGON
UNIVERSE • COMPLEXITY • COHERENCE
FRIDAY, APRIL 20, 2018
5:00-7:00p Communication Universes • Dinner
* Dining on-your-own with colleagues at a variety of recommended local restaurants, including:
• Prasad 925 NW Davis Street,
Vegetarian and 100% gluten-free cuisine, including soups, greens, brown rice, or quinoa bowls (with lemon ginger, garlic tahini, green chili, jalapeño cashew chz, or sesame miso).
• Southpark Seafood Pescatarian: Proudly support sustainable practices and resources by tracking and cataloging what fish are caught and by which method—in collaboration w/Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch.
South American (Argentina, Chile, Patagonia) … grilled octopus w/chorizo, roasted lechon, refreshing ceviches, housemade piquillo pepper / pork empanadas, & smoked bone marrow.
Carnivorous: In The Nines Hotel–Northwest, sustainable ingredients, straightforward preparations … a range of beef options including grass-fed Oregon, pasture-raised, grain-finished, or corn-fed.
7:15p Complexity and Coherence • Three Immersive Locations
* Please sign-up for one of three experiences at the conference registration table.
VERY LIMITED availability — first-come, first-served.
• AND SO WE WALKED • DeLanna Studi, Writer & Corey B. Madden, Director
Portland Center Stage at The Armory/Ellyn Bye Studio
128 NW Eleventh Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209
A story of “a contemporary Cherokee woman who goes on a six-week, 900-mile journey with her father along the Trail of Tears to better understand her own identity and the conflicts of her nation.”
• MAN/WOMAN • Nicolo Fonte, Resident Choreographer
Newmark Theatre/Antoinette Hatfield Hall
1111 SW Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97205
“A five-part program juxtaposing all-female and all-male ballets exploring gender stereotypes. Opens with one of the most iconic female roles in all of ballet.”
• AFRICAN STRINGS PROJECT • Derek Gripper, Guitarist (South Africa)
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
1037 SW Broadway Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97205
John Bashengezi, Guitarist (Congo), and
Kinobe, Multi-instrumentalist (Uganda).
CLICK THE LOCATIONS ABOVE FOR DIRECTIONS FROM UNIVERSITY OF OREGON IN PORTLAND