Study Tips for Graduate Students

So you’ve made it this far, but studying for that final exam seems to be a daunting task. And with all of the other duties of graduate school, how do you find the time anyways? As well as offering just about every test preparation to date, Test Prep Preview offers a variety of helpful tips and tricks to maximize your study time. That way you can get right back to surfing the internet for cat memes, err, dig through that email pile.

2 thoughts on “Study Tips for Graduate Students”

1. The study tips for graduate school article was extremely helpful. As graduate student myself, I often find that writing is an area I specifically struggle with. That being said, the tips that struck a core with me were the ones surrounding the writing tips. The most useful tip was the “know your audience” one. I say this because in the graduate program I am in, often professors are practitioners instead of the standard PhD. This can be a challenge for many students, including myself, as the style of writing is very different. I believe this is where the Study Tips for Graduate School advice comes into play. By understanding that my instructor is not a PhD, I can use a different approach in my analysis, and should applying the theories discussed in class to a real-life situation, perhaps my own experiences.

Perhaps the only thing this article was missing involves time management. I have found this difficult as a graduate student, as I balance two jobs, work, school, and other activities. The next graduate school advice article should perhaps include this. I know the school element of grad school is the most important obviously, but helping students survive their programs may be a great direction to take in future posts.

Thanks for the advice!