Student Survey

1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.

I graduated from University of California, Davis in March 2013. In August I moved to Arizona for some time off. I began applying to various graduate programs all over the country. My main interest is history and working in history museums. This program is well rounded and I have always loved UO, so when I was accepted to the AAD program I decided to go for it!

2. Area of concentration in AAD? Museum Studies

3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems. Responses should include the following:

• Computer platform you use (Mac, PC, Linux, other)
  • Smart phones, tablets, other hand held/smart devices
  • Digital Cameras, Video, Audio devices
  • Peripherals – printers, scanners, other necessary and/or cool gadgets

My current laptop is an Asus touch screen. I generally work with PCs. I have a iPhone 4S. I used to do photography and have had multiple cameras both digital and film.

4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.

I have a very basic knowledge of computers. I can use all of the programs in Office(word, ppt, excel, ect), but beyond that I am pretty lost.

5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?

I have no experience in graphic design or media production.

6. Know anything about typography?

No.

7. Do you use Web 2.0 apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.

No.

8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.

I use Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Pinterest, and Snapchat.

9. Tell me something unique about yourself.

I love all kinds of history. But I particularly love ancient history. In the last few years I have become more interested in my family history (my grandparents live in Ireland, and I am very proud of that part of my heritage), and want to learn more about genealogy. My family history is interesting from what I already know and would love to go as far back in time as I can.

10. Anything else?

I am eager to learn, but I definitely will need some help with this class.