A .357 with a Bayonet

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 7.02.00 PM

I’m a sucker for a good long shot. To my mind, a work of entertainment takes a turn for the sublime with a big, showy, meticulously choreographed take that stretches for multiple minutes.

For instance, Children of Men is one of the most astounding movies I’ve ever seen, due in part to director Alfanso Cuaron’s predilection for the long take. We could spend a term deconstructing how he and his team invented revolutionary new dollies and riggings to capture, for example, a horrible occurrence inside a moving car:

http://youtu.be/QfBSncUspBk

Or an insane, blood-spattered six-minutes-plus tracking shot of a pivotal battle to rescue the world’s only baby:

But to honor the end of an intense-enough term, I’ll instead focus on a work featuring a more prosaic long shot, Wes Anderson’s American Express commercial from 2006:

The viewer is immediately brought into a classically droll Wes Anderson plot device, as Jason Schwartzman and Waris Ahluwalia inadvertently blow up a car driven by their friend, “Francois.” But then the camera pans to Anderson and his film crew at :25, and as Anderson breaks the fourth wall as his name is projected at :29, viewers realize we are being taken for a different kind of cinematic ride.

Throughout the tracking shot, Anderson discusses movie-making while being distracted by several director-specific chores. One ironic point: As with all of Anderson’s movies, the more specific the bizarre details of the art direction, the more authentic the piece seems, even though it becomes clear we’re watching a commercial for a credit card company.

Technical notes: A hot-air balloon basket in the foreground may (or may not) mask one cut at 1:04, as may other stationary foreground elements at 1:14, 1:20 and 1:22.

80 Comments

on “A .357 with a Bayonet
80 Comments on “A .357 with a Bayonet
  1. Looking at this article, I miss the time when I didn’t wear a mask. safetoto Hopefully this corona will end soon. My blog is a blog that mainly posts pictures of daily life before Corona and landscapes at that time. If you want to remember that time again, please visit us.

2. Hi there, You’ve done a fantastic job.
    I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
    I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this web site

토토 도메인
    토토 먹튀
    토토 사이트 도메인
    토토 사이트 순위
    토토 유저
    https://www.j9korea.com

3. Speedily this specific web page could without doubt become popular involving most writing a blog along with site-building persons, automobile thoughtful blogposts or possibly testimonials. Pampering

4. I feel this is among the most important details for me. And i am glad looking at your report. But want to remark on some general things, The web site style is excellent, the articles or blog posts is truly great : D. Very good work, cheers comprar seguidores

5. The the next occasion Someone said a blog, I really hope who’s doesnt disappoint me about this blog. After all, I know it was my choice to read, but I just thought youd have some thing intriguing to talk about. All I hear is really a number of whining about something you could fix in case you werent too busy seeking attention. 중계

6. I wanted to put you one very little word just to say thank you over again over the spectacular ideas you’ve provided at this time. It was certainly surprisingly open-handed of people like you to present freely all many individuals would’ve sold for an e-book to help with making some cash for themselves, specifically seeing that you might have tried it in case you wanted. These concepts as well acted to be a great way to realize that most people have similar dream the same as my very own to learn somewhat more in regard to this matter. I am sure there are some more enjoyable opportunities ahead for individuals who read carefully your blog post. เว็บพนันที่คนเล่นเยอะที่สุด

7. Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks! slot gacor garuda138

8. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this prior to. So nice to uncover somebody with many original applying for grants this subject. realy thanks for beginning this up. this web site is a thing that is needed on the web, a person with some originality. valuable work for bringing a new challenge towards the internet! colorking

9. Purely to follow up on the up-date of this matter on your web page and want to let you know simply how much I appreciated the time you took to generate this beneficial post. Inside the post, you actually spoke regarding how to definitely handle this matter with all convenience. It would be my pleasure to get some more suggestions from your website and come up to offer other folks what I have benefited from you. Thank you for your usual terrific effort. property for sale abu dhabi

10. Make the new baby girl feel extra special with our personalised baby girl gifts. Our selection includes adorable items that can be customised with the baby’s name or initials, adding a unique and sentimental touch to the present. Celebrate her arrival with a personalised gift that she’ll cherish for years to come.

11. It’s really great. Thank you for providing a quality article. There is something you might be interested in. Do you know majorsite I would like to write an article based on your article. When can I ask for a review?

12. This is certainly in the process an exceptionally superior ad people very seriously suffered browsing thru. It is actually hardly every single day you’ll find associated risk to visit a little something. forex

13. I was surfing net and fortunately came across this site and found very interesting stuff here. Its really fun to read. I enjoyed a lot. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. mt4

14. Find the latest electronics items at Weselldeadlots. From smartphones and tablets to laptops and smart home devices, we have a wide range of cutting-edge electronics to cater to your tech needs. Experience innovation and convenience with our high-quality products. Shop now and stay ahead of the curve with Weselldeadlots.

15. As a large scrap buyer in UAE , We Buy Dead Stocks possesses the necessary resources and infrastructure to handle substantial quantities of scrap materials. Whether you have surplus metal, plastic, paper, or any other recyclable waste, they have the capacity to accommodate your needs efficiently and effectively. Their well-established network of collection centers, processing facilities, and transportation systems ensures a seamless and streamlined process from start to finish.

16. Even nevertheless there are lots of decision methods with the purpose of lookup used for non published numbers, but you would approximating rapid stately results to you possibly will look forward to in, you possibly will necessitate with the purpose of desire particular sort of swap telephone search company. chainlink airdrop

17. Hi, Neat post. There’s a problem along with your site in web explorer, could test this… IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a good portion of people will omit your excellent writing because of this problem. dydx airdrop

18. After examine a number of of the weblog posts in your website now, and I actually like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website checklist and can be checking again soon. Pls try my site as nicely and let me know what you think. layerzero airdrop

19. Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cheers https://mb66.media/

20. I adore versions individual short article. It’s going to be reasonable to discover one particular make clear throughout words and phrases from key and in many cases love within this certain crucial topic are going to be quickly seasoned. Roku SDK Converter

21. Congratulations on having one of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come across in some time! Its just incredible how much you can take away from something simply because of how visually beautiful it is. Youve put together a great blog space –great graphics, videos, layout. This is definitely a must-see blog. Vacaville Pizza Delivery

22. It’s appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it! oven cleaning Surrey

23. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything in this way just before. So nice to get somebody with a few original thoughts on this subject. realy appreciation for beginning this up. this web site is something that is needed on the net, a person with some originality. helpful problem for bringing a new challenge towards web! Pleasure toys

24. You have a real talent for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you express your views in this article. I am impressed by your writing style a lot. Thanks for making my experience more beautiful. vape uae

25. You have a real talent for writing unique content. I like how you think and the way you express your views in this article. I am impressed by your writing style a lot. Thanks for making my experience more beautiful. terea

26. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. steroids

27. I wanted to thank you a lot more for this amazing web-site you have created here. It truly is full of useful tips for those who are genuinely interested in this subject, specifically this very post. Your all actually sweet plus thoughtful of others as well as reading your site posts is a wonderful delight in my experience. And what a generous reward! Mary and I will certainly have fun making use of your guidelines in what we must do in a few weeks. Our checklist is a mile long which means that your tips might be put to great use. Semaglutide Arizona

28. Unquestionably consider that which you said. Your favourite reason appeared to be at the web the simplest factor to be mindful of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as folks consider worries that they just do not recognise about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest neatly as defined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you! Alopecia Hair Stylist in NYC

29. An impressive share, I simply with all this onto a colleague who was simply carrying out a little analysis for this. And that he in truth bought me breakfast since I ran across it for him.. smile. So i want to reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending some time to talk about this, I feel strongly concerning this and love reading regarding this topic. Whenever possible, as you become expertise, do you mind updating your blog post with an increase of details? It truly is highly a good choice for me. Big thumb up due to this post! buy verified trustpilot reviews

30. This could be the appropriate blog for hopes to check out this topic. You already know a great deal its almost tricky to argue with you (not that When i would want…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin using a topic thats been discussing for many years. Wonderful stuff, just fantastic! click here for more info

31. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase. https://www.ttomine.com