What I Have Learned So Far, And Why I Enjoy This Class

For this blog post I decided to write and reflect about what I have learned throughout the term. When I initially signed up for this class, I figured it was just going to be another ordinary boring English class. Mr. Siperstein really opened my eyes to how English can be not only interesting, but can also inform you about something that is not just English. I have learned so much more about climate change within the past 8 weeks than I think I have learned throughout my whole life.

Climate change is something that I never thought was a huge deal until this class. Throughout the readings I have learned about climate change in a fictional way, which I never thought about. These readings include, “Diary of an Interesting year”, “Time Capsule Found on the Dead Planet” and many more. These two stories impacted me by the style that they were written. The “Diary of an Interesting Year” was written, obviously like a diary which showed me the emotion that the protagonist was feeling and helped me see what it could be like if the climate were to change the way that it did in that story. Also, in the story “Time Capsule Found on Dead Planet” had an interesting style in the way it was written by having different ages in each paragraph. For example the first age was about Gods, the second was about money, etc. This lead into how our world once was and how our deserts are created to show that all deserts are in different forms now. These two stories were the opening stories to the class and I already learned so much about how everyone needs to start being aware about climate change because these twostories are both taken place in the futures are what could possibly happen to humans during climate change.

Contine reading