Starting Week 5

It’s a Sunday, but if I am to treat my graduate studies like a full-time job, then I better start putting in those hours.

Today has been productive but I am still feeling really stumped with using Adobe Illustrator.  I have a handle on the copy and paste attribute of it as I discovered while making my Personal Learning Environment (PLE), but where I am struggling is utilizing the other functions of Adobe Illustrator to create a new brand image for a performing arts company.  I do not have access to Adobe Illustrator at home and bouncing from computer lab to computer lab on campus is becoming a hassle as each lab may have a different version of the software than the one I initially started with to develop the brand.

I will tackle the logo a little bit more tomorrow and allow for some more inspiration to sweep over me.  Utilizing Pinterest was great for finding some branding collateral ideas and some fonts, downside was the fact that the really awesome fonts I liked were not free, nor cheap.  And free is a requirement right now as funds are leaning towards zilch.

Onwards and upwards they say.  Let’s see how this week ends.