RSS Feed

clarification on readings & assignments for week 2

0

April 8, 2014 by jfenn@uoregon.edu

Reynolds and daughter Jessica take sextant rea...

Reynolds and daughter Jessica take sextant readings, circa 1958. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Just to make clear my expectations for any ‘reading’ this week, I intended for us to be prowling through the Diigo group and re-tagging, annotating, or otherwise addressing items so that they align with the “schedule” of topics I’ve put in the syllabus. Much is in motion, however, so there is plenty of variability in terms of how we collectively organize the Diigo stuff. Essentially, though, you should be “reading” across the list (as well as adding any pertinent items) and digesting the material at an initial level so that we might arrive at an agreement on when/how to revisit any of it.

In order to provide a bit more structure, however, I’m also finalizing a more formal reading list of articles that will be available in PDF form online (via databases, open access journals, etc). These will start in earnest for Week 3 and bring us up through Week 8 (at this point). I’ll post the list to this site, and it is also in the course Evernote notebook (see link in sidebar).

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments »