Finishing Up

In performing our final presentation, I think I need to work on my presentation skills a little. I fumbled words and some of my talking points. It was not because I did not know my material. Spending the last 3 weeks refining our proposal is proof of that. For some reason I was anxious to present to a faux committee. It could be my inherent human nature to fear this situation, but also could be my lack of experience in speaking opportunities. I never liked public speaking from a young age, it is not my favorite thing to do. Obviously I imagine many people share this view because it puts individuals in a vulnerable position. Furthermore, I compared myself to members of my group, which I feel all of them did a solid job of presenting. I should probably put myself in the position to have more speaking experiences, to better my skills for the workplace when I am going to be presenting things that have a serious impact. The project is clearly supposed to be taken seriously, but the actual implementation of these programs is not exactly bound to happen. Though I did speak with a professor of mine recently who is in a group of professors that are figuring out ways to incorporate international students into the LCB better. This was quite encouraging and I have sent him our final proposal. A bit nerve racking because it may actually be considered for students here in the LCB. So who knows what will come of this.

dB

1 Comment so far

1.   Tyler Durden on August 1st, 2024          Reply

Tyler Durden on In Design Work
    King Tung on In Design Work
    Leman Sormn on In Design Work
    Johnson Brinson on In Design Work
    Johanna Jonas on In Design Work All Rights Reserved 2024 Theme: Fairy by arabuloku