New Student Survey Questions

1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.

I moved from Portland, Oregon, so not all that far away. I spent a few months doing research on different graduate programs at a few different universities and when I looked at the pros and cons of each program, what I wanted to get out of a master’s program and the locations, UO stood out the most and really peaked my interest.

2. Area of concentration in AAD?

My area of concentration is in Museum Studies.

3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems.

I have used Word Press during my undergrad for a class or two, and i did tinker around with it on my own on occasion. What I would consider to be the most significant program I’ve used was Auto cad but that was back in high school so I don’t really remember how to use it. I don’t have an extensive amount of knowledge with technology but I do use it quite frequently and to varying degrees.

4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.

I typically use a PC, I’m a little slower on a MAC but I can still use it and I mainly just use things like Microsoft, nothing fancy.

5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?

No, I’ve never taken any courses like that.

6. Know anything about typography?

Only that I think it looks great. But otherwise no, I don’t know the background of it or its origins.

7. Do you use Web (2.0) apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.

Google Docs is the only thing I think counts as a Web (2.0) app, but I’m not quite sure.

8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.

I use Instagram, Tumblr and Youtube primarily but i do have a Facebook account that I only ever use to communicate with a friend or two.

9. Tell us something unique about yourself.

I really enjoy having plants and maintaining them. I have one I got when I was 17 and it’s still growing like crazy (fingers crossed it continues too).

10. Anything else?

I’m excited for this class, also nervous but mostly excited.