Art, Technology, and Games

This is one example of how technology has evolved over time. Cell phones have obviously come a long way.

Objectives: There were 3 different objectives that were put in place by the professor for this unit. We are asked to talk about these ideas within this units posts.

• Learn about the history of computer graphics
  • Examine the role of technology as a force for cultural maintenance and change
  • Discuss the validity of art created with the aid of machines

Artifact(s):

1) ‘Art, Games, and Technology Research’ blog post

2) ‘Art, Games, and Tech Discussion’ blog post

Reflection:

After examining my blog post for this unit, I noticed that I was able to meet two out of three of this unit’s objectives through two of my blog posts; ‘Art, Games, and Technology Research’ and ‘Art, Games, and Technology Discussion’.

The first unit objective challenges us to learn about the history of computer graphics. This objective was easily met by everyone who completed the assigned unit reading, Computer Graphics; Effects of Origins. In both of my artifacts, I used information that Jones mentioned in the unit reading. In my ‘Art, Games, and Technology Research’ blog post, I stated that the primary thesis of the reading is that technology overtime improves which helps to aid in the maintenance and change of culture. In this post I gave examples of how technology has drastically changed over the years. Even in my 21 years of life I was able to experience a huge change in technology like dial-up internet to wifi and pagers to smartphones.

In both my artifacts, I examined the role of how technology aided in the maintenance and change of culture. In my ‘Art, Games, and Technology Research’ blog post, I mentioned a statement that was in Evolution of Technology said, “Technology involves manipulation of the environment to meet human needs such as food, shelter, communication, and health” (2014). As technology evolves in time, human life seems to get easier. Things such as communication get easier and shelter get more extravagant. Moreover in my ‘Art, Games, and Technology Discussion’ blog post, I also talked about how technology along with everything else in the word has developed; with technology coming the most far. In this post I used a quote by Jones from the unit reading to help support my argument, the quote says, “As time passes the original users develop familiarity and facility. New users bring additional assumptions and considerations of form, content, material, technique, meaning, and purpose. However, some traces of the origins and practices remain in these forms, which consequently contribute to both cultural maintenance and change. Cultural patterns are affected in proportion to the spread in the use of these forms.” (1990).

The third objective was not met through any of my posts for this unit. However, I do believe that art is art no matter what is used to create it. Art that is created with the aid of machines should not be seen as lesser than any other types of art. I would consider this a type of discrimination.

Future Goals: In this unit, I only met two out of the three unit objectives. I am pretty disappointed that I missed an objective. In the future, I would avoid missing an objective by looking at the objectives first before writing my posts in order to insure that I do not miss any. Also, I would want to see an objective that challenges the students to use their own personal experiences with the development in technology to support how technology helps to maintain and change the culture we live in.

References:

Evolution of Technology Module. (n.d.). Evolution of Technology: Overview. Retrieved May 20, 2014, from http://voyagesthroughtime.org/technology/index.html

Jones, B. J. (1990). Computer Graphics: Effects of Origins. LEONARDO: Digital Image – Digital Cinema Supplemental Issue, pp. 21-30.

BACKHOME

6 thoughts on “Art, Technology, and Games

1. Gama is your passport to a world of exciting online gaming. With a wide range of games, slots, and live dealer options, Gama offers an immersive and thrilling gaming experience for players of all levels. Our user-friendly platform ensures smooth navigation, while generous promotions and bonuses enhance your chances of hitting it big. Join us at Gama and embark on an exciting journey filled with entertainment and the potential for significant winnings. Good luck, and may your gaming adventures be full of excitement!

2. Thank you for the information.
    For friends who are looking for a slot and lottery site that is very viral and popular and proven to provide lots of wins to all players in Asia.
    Please visit the website below for more information.
    https://kangenjp88.org/

3. Thank you for the information.
    The following are recommendations for slot and lottery sites with extraordinary playing comfort, so you can increase your chances of winning.
    For further information please visit the website below.
    https://ilovesfierro.com/

4. Thank you for the information.
    https://macanjp.com

5. Thank you for the information.
    https://naikterus99.com

6. Thank you for the information.
    https://customfuelpizza.com