Zach’s Week 2 Newsletter

Hey guys! Here’s Zach’s Week 2 Newsletter.

It’s time for another newsletter, this one isn’t as long and includes information from my last newsletter as well. Please let me know if you have any questions, my contact info is at the bottom of this e-mail!

PFC Hearing (VERY IMPORTANT)
Coming up on Tuesday, the 24th at 6pm is our Programs Finance Committee Hearing. At this meeting our final budget for next year will decided, and a major part of that decision is the amount of people who show up to support JSO. I would like as many people as possible to come meet in the EMU’s main lobby 20 minute early at 5:40. The actual hearing shouldn’t go more than 30 minutes. If all goes well we should be able to leave by 6:30 but it is possible, due to delays that we will be there a bit later. If you have any questions about this please let me know! Again this is very very very important that as many people come to this as possible.

Classroom visits (Get some free candy and win a gift card!)
Now that a new term has begun, it’s time to recruit more people into JSO! There are many ways to recruit people into JSO. A couple things I would like people to do if they’d like to, is to post a Facebook status talking about HOW INCREDIBLY-MEGA-SUPER-MECHA-AWESOME JSO IS. If you update your Facebook status to something like, “Have nothing to do Wednesday evening? Well then you should come to JSO! We meet Wednesdays in Lillis 111 at 6pm! Everyone is welcome!” if you do that, and go here and type in your name, you’ll be added to my list and next time I see you – I’ll make sure you get some candy! I bet your saying to yourself right now, “Zach, just candy? I thought you mentioned a GIFT CARD!?” well, now is the time to talk about that!

The other thing I would like people to do is to talk to any Japan related class (Japanese Lang. Japanese Lit. East Asian Relgion, or any other class you think people may be interested in JSO) they are taking. The process for this is a little bit more difficult, because I would like to request everyone first ask their instructor for permission to talk to your class via e-mail (unless your instructor doesn’t use e-mail). I have written a program that will generate an e-mail for you to send to your teacher. If you use this to generate an e-mail, you will be added into a drawing to win a $15 gift card of the winner’s choice! The e-mail creator can be found here. You just need to answer a few questions and then press, “Generate E-Mail” and then copy and paste the e-mail to your teacher! The program will also give you some ideas of what to say to your class.

If you have any questions about this, please let me know! My contact info is at the bottom of this e-mail.

Japan Night Needs Performers (Free ticket, free food, and a free t-shirt!)
Japan Night is looking to do two dances at Japan Night. We are looking for people to dance in one or both of them. The two dances are Soran Bushi and The Age Age Dance. Currently we only have 4 people signed up who want to dance, so we need many more people! JSO members who have danced in the past have said that learning and performing dances for Japan Night was some of the most fun they’ve ever had, and many Japan Night audience members have said that the dances are their favorite part of Japan Night every year!

Dancers do not have to be regular JSO members. So please feel free to forward any and all of this information to any friends you think may be interested! Dancers get free Japan Night admittance, food, and a t-shirt! If you are interested in dancing, please contact our Event Director, Carrie Stafford (cstaffo2@uoregon.edu).