Question 2 Group 6

Published on: Author: leviy@uoregon.edu 1 Comment

Paul visited Corinth a second time and afterward wrote a letter that is a “tearful letter” found in 2 Cor 10-13. In the letter the reader is introduced to superapostles. They were apostles that Paul admits do miraculous deed and signs. In verse 11:22 it tells us they were from Jewish decent. They believed that life in Christ was exalted and glorified. They did not see eye to eye with Paul. In verse 10:10 the say that he lacks power and his speech is contemptible. They attack Paul. Paul responds by saying in 11:13-15 that they were ministers of Satan and not apostles of Christ. He goes on to say in 11:4 that the gospel would be compromised and in 12:19-21 that they would lead the Corinthians into disorder and disobedience. Paul believes that true apostles will suffer like Christ suffered. He feels apostles should be humble and not boast about any of their works. In 12:5 he says “ On behalf of such a one I will boast, but on my own behalf I will not boast, except of my weaknesses.” Paul is saying that he will only boast about God. He will give God all the glory and not take credit for any of his works. He says in 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I believe that this paradox means that if we are humble and weak, God is able to use his power through us. If we are humble and willing to be used by God, he can do great things through us. If we are prideful he cannot. If we are trying to take credit for things, God cannot be glorified. All through the scriptures he uses ordinary people to do extraordinary things.

One Response to Question 2 Group 6 Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)