Public Service Loan Forgiveness: Uncertain times for public interest lawyers

Federal Courthouse Eugene, ORThe possible elimination of federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) made headlines many times this past year. In the face of uncertainty, Oregon Law’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) continues to provide support for Oregon graduates working in public interest positions.

The work of Katie Carey, Rory Isbell, and Zach Newman – all who were recipients of the law schools LRAP program this past year illustrates the importance of Oregon Law’s LRAP.

Katie Carey, JD ‘16
After graduation, Katie landed a job with the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Office of the Solicitor. In her work with the Branch of Indian Water Resources, she strives to help the government fulfill its responsibility to protect tribal water resources from encroachment. Katie is grateful to LRAP for supporting her work that defends indigenous people’s rights and resources.

Rory Isbell, JD ‘16
Rory serves as an attorney with Central Oregon LandWatch, working on land use and environmental issues throughout Central Oregon. Rory also earned his Master’s in Community and Regional Planning (MCRP) from the University of Oregon School of Planning, Public Policy and Management. As a student, Rory clerked for two environmental organizations and the local government.

Zach Newman, JD ‘18
Zach reached his goal of working as a public defender and now handles cases at the Southern Oregon Public Defender in Medford, Oregon. In this position, Zach assists members of his community through some of the most difficult times of their lives. LRAP has allowed Zach to pursue his career goals with some relief from the stress imposed by student loans.

7 comments on “Public Service Loan Forgiveness: Uncertain times for public interest lawyers
  1. https://www.coolastro.com/ is a website that provides information and resources on astrology, angel numbers, dreams, and other spiritual topics. The website was founded in 2020 by a team of astrologers and spiritual teachers who are passionate about helping people connect with their inner wisdom and live more fulfilling lives.

2. Having just celebrated my engagement, I wanted to share how thrilled I am with the wonderful service from SEVlaser. A friend introduced me to them, and I’ve since reserved a session as a gift for myself! Reading other positive comments here inspired me to add my own. Their expertise is top-notch, and the experience has been nothing short of delightful. Check them out for yourself at Laser Hair Removal in Houston.

3. I’m absolutely thrilled to see such insightful content here! It’s clear that a lot of thought and effort has gone into these posts. I’ve read numerous comments from others expressing their satisfaction, which truly inspired me to share my own experience. AI SEO Services has been instrumental in helping me achieve smarter digital marketing strategies. Their expertise has made a significant difference. Thank you for all your hard work! If you’re looking to enhance your SEO, check out this link: On-Page SEO.