FAQ

What if my regular partner is not attending OGDI?

You will get paired with someone from your lab. You will have some control over that choice the first day of camp.

Who is teaching at the OGDI this year?

Our staff is made up of some of the most successful coaches and debaters in their respective activities. You should explore the staff page as the labs fill and hires are finalized.

If I want to room someone from another program is that allowed?

Sure.

When is final payment due?

We are still accepting applicants at this point. Deposits are due one week after an application has been accepted. Final payment is due prior to the first day of camp.

When is the deadline for submitting an admissions application?

The camp still has a few open dorms. We are going to continue to accept applicants until the camp begins.

Are scholarships or discounts available?

There are a variety of scholarships. They are described at the bottom of the camps and pricing page.

Which airport should I fly into?

We would strongly prefer the Eugene airport. Special arrangements can be made for PDX.

How do I get to campus?

Search for “Earl Dorms at University of Oregon” on mapquest to take you right to the campus. We will pick students up in any Oregonian town along i-5.

Does the dorms provide linens?

Yes. Sheets/pillowcases are provided. You will need to bring your own pillow/blanket.

Should I bring a fan?

Yes.

What else should I bring?

We’ll include a more detailed list in your welcome packet, but you’ll need the basics: towel, washcloth, shower shoes (flip flops, etc), toiletries such as deodorant/toothpaste, debate supplies (your laptop, charger, pens, something to write on unless you take all notes on your computer).

Are there laundry facilities?

Yes, the dorms have free washers/dryers. You will need to bring your own detergent.

Is there any additional paperwork I need to submit?

All of the forms in the welcome packet need to be scanned and returned.

How do I get to the airport on my departure day?

We’ve got your back.

When and where do I check in?

Earl Dormitory — 9am – 3pm July 25th

How is the food?

You can search the university website for the Carson Hall meal plans. That is what you get with your dorm stay here at camp. Three square meals a day for all dietary restrictions to be sure.

Can I request a specific partner and/or roommate?

Yes. There is a space on the application for you to make those requests.