Spirituality {Reflection}

1. How do you define “spirituality”?

I think that spirituality is believing that there is more to this world than what we can physically see.  To me, this could mean anything from there being a God, to there being forces that move around us.  It doesn’t mean there has to be one sole person controlling the world.  This could mean one believes in human spirits that watch over us, or multiple forces up in the sky that control our fates.  I believe that spirituality could mean you still believe in evolution and scientific facts that support human life, but also think there is more to evolution than what science can prove.

2. Does spirituality differ from religion?

I believe that religion and spirituality are very different.  Spirituality to me can be a very broad and open definition.  On the other hand, religion is a set of beliefs that has a specific definition as to how we came to this planet, or who we believe in.  I think spirituality is the umbrella term for religion, then the different types of religion fall under that broad definition.  Religion is just a specific form of spirituality.

3. How do you define “creativity”?

Creativity, to me, is the thought process that goes beyond what you can see.  For example, there is a picture frame on my desk with a picture in it.  Now, I could say that this is a picture frame, but I could also use it for many different purposes.  Being creative is finding new and innovative ways to use everyday things.  These things could be anything from objects, to words, to processes.  Creativity is very hard to assign a set definition to it because it could mean so many different things.

4. What is the source of creativity?

I think the source of creativity is in your experiences.  I believe experiences shape who we are and our thought processes, and they effect us more than anything else.  One could also draw creativity from outside sources, like other people’s work, or a sculpture they see.  For an example, my creativity comes from Pinterest which lets me look at others work and lets me create something of my own.  Creativity could come from anywhere, but I think it comes from within us the most.