This week, the most impressive part of class is to figure out a ideal solution that can meet our need. Different from what I have done in most of class, in this class, we are required to draw our ideas silently instead of speaking. This is the first time I notice that the benefit of silent team work. It helps everyone to express ideas instead of let one or two people dominate the conversation, even though nobody in our group tried to do that. Also, it can let us materialize the idea into image that we can know exactly what group members’ idea when we discuss.

The other thing that helped me a lot is the comparison of two LED talk. Before I watched these two video, I was the kind of person that will try to make a presentation as informative as possible. However, this comparison shows that overwhelming information in a short presentation can barely impress audiences. I really liked the way second guy presenting. And it improved my presenting skill in two aspects. First, no matter what a presenter’s first language is, speaking more slowly is much better than condense a presentation into 3 minutes. Second,  a good hook is important. It help get audiences’ attention and it can perfectly fit in a topic.

I am going to present in the class 5A. and our group will have group meeting on the weekend. I am practicing see if I can apply some of skills in my presentation.