This week, I learned a lot in the process of researching for proposal. Starting with interviewing classmates, our group found out a list of thing that can enrich LCB students’ experience and several things demanded by LCB students. Then we generated a list of interviewing questions that can help us know LCB students more.

After the first class of week 3, I spent some time with my friends and done the interview. I learned from professor that goal of an interview is more than just ask questions and write down everything interviewee said. It is more important to look for insight during the process. So I tried to be more specific and more insightful when I ask questions. It is actually a difficult thing to do, because I never thought how to be as insightful as possible before. What I did is to keep asking “why” when interviewee gave answer.

I know this is just a start, but I do think I learned a lot by going deeper. For example, one of our interviewing question is “what company do you admire?” two of three interviewee answered “Nike”. But when I ask the reason, both of them respond that because Nike’s products instead of the company itself. Again, I asked “why not Adidas or Under Armor?” They said because Nike’s founder father was graduated from UO. In this way, I started to understand what interviewee truly knows and what the things they said are but they do not really mean.