If you are reading this after 2024 and it hasn’t been updated, assume everything has changed.

A slide deck “Exploring Emerging Generative AI Toolsfrom the wonderful librarians a Oregon State University has a great summary of some of the AI tools available for searching, with lots of information about how much you’ll need to pay and limitations.

I would also add the following tools with some portion that are free seem worth exploring:
https://library.scholarcy.com/try – summarize articles into flash cards – 7 days free, then $9.99per month/$90.00per year.
find additional sources with inciteful and litmaps
lists these and what they do under AI tools for research

Scopus has a new AI assisted product. I don’t have access to it, but hear it’s doing what it promises.

For instruction to undergrads, this UVic workshop is comprehensive and well done.
These instructions help students with an assignment that required an attached document with an AI bot. It’s out of date already, but I will revise it if the instructor uses the assignment again.

Research rabbit should be more helpful but has too many limitations for me for now.