Meet The Teachers

Colleen Frainey

Hi, my name is Colleen Frainey and I am from Tualatin, Oregon. I have always loved working with children of all ages. I have wanted to be an elementary school teacher for as long as I can remember. In the future I hope to teach first or second grade. In my spare time I love spending time with my family, friends, and especially my dog!

Jordan Zeigler 

Hey y’all! My name is Jordan Zeigler and I am from Central Point, Oregon. I love spending time outside with my dogs, whether it be at the park, river, or in my backyard! I have always had a passion for working with children and I have spent countless hours in the classroom. I hope to teach K-2.

Lauren Kaigh 

Hi my name is Lauren Kaigh and I am from Chicago, Illinois. I love being creative and doing anything outdoors. I’ve decided to become a teacher because I always enjoy spending time with kids. Also, both my grandmothers were elementary school teachers which influenced me to become one as well. I want to work with 2nd or 3rd graders and to be the best teacher I can be for my students.

Becca Medina

Hi everyone! My name is Becca Medina and I was raised in San Diego, California. I love spending time with my friends outside in the sun doing fun activities! I grew up always wanting to be a teacher and when I took my first education class at UO, I knew it was what I was meant to do. I can’t wait to be a teacher and inspire my students to be the best versions of themselves!

McKenzie Zimbelman

Hey everyone! My name is McKenzie Zimbelman and I’m from Salem, Oregon. I’m a Junior at University of Oregon in the Educational Foundations program with a minor in music. I love nothing more than spending time with friends and family. I’ve wanted to be a teacher my entire life, so I’m very excited to start teaching. I can’t wait to help shape the lives of students!