New Student Survey Questions

1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.

I originally moved to Eugene from San Diego, CA to finish my undergraduate degree at the University of Oregon. I liked it so much that I stayed for my Masters’. I chose AAD because I felt like I did not have the necessary practical skills for the types of positions and jobs that I wanted.

2. Area of concentration in AAD?

Museums Studies with a twinge of Community Arts.

3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems.

I am familiar with both Mac and PC operating systems. I can use a camera. I am pretty super with my iPhone.

4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry. I have used PhotoShop briefly to created a poster for research display, and during my summer internship at the Seattle Art Museum I created a map for a public art bike tour with the city of Seattle. I am much less familiar with other Adobe suites, although I’m currently rocking Acrobat.

Commonly, I use Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email systems, website browsers, etc.

5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?

Very little. I have never taken a course on design or any of the things you asked about.

6. Know anything about typography?

I sure do! I have a whole list I wrote up of typography tips when I realized that I was going to be doing a little design work at my summer internship and had no idea what I was doing.

7. Do you use Web (2.0) apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.

…I don’t think so?

8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.

Am I a millennial? I sure do. Facebook & Instagram are my main platforms. I love Yelp but do not contribute to it at all.

9. Tell us something unique about yourself.

When I was a child of three years my mother and I lived in Rome with her at-the-time boyfriend, “John with the Beard.” He left for a long trip for work and my mother and I were robbed on a city bus and did not have any food or money. For a little while she sent me into small bakeries and sweet shops and I earned free samples and free pastries with my general child-cuteness. I would then walk outside and share the treats with my mother, and that was how we ate for a couple of weeks.

10. Anything else?

I’m a second year, but catching up with Marketing classes.