Samuel Galli Candidate Statement 2020

Hello. My name is Samuel Galli and I work as a Library Tech 2 at the Allen Price Science Commons & Research Library with the UO Libraries. I am running for University Senate – classified staff position, Term 2020-2022. Shared governance is a vital part of the UO campus leadership. Staff bring a necessary perspective to the table that helps to drive decisive action, influence change, and supports the values of not only classified staff, but also students, OAs, and the faculty of our campus.

I have been working at the University of Oregon for nearly 4 years. I have spent that time working to promote and support Classified Staff within my campus unit. Since starting at the Libraries, I have served as a contact with our SIEU Local 085 to get important information and resources to staff working in my area and beyond. The last two years I have served on the Libraries Classified Staff Advisory Committee (CSAC), which serves as a connective bridge between classified staff and Library admin. During this last year, in this role, I’ve sat in and advocated for staff on our Library Council.

I want to take the next step and serve on the University Senate to continue to support Classified Staff across this campus. In these insecure and trying times, having your voice be heard is what makes a difference. I wish to do my part to make this campus and community the best it can be.

Thank you.