By: Michael Eiden

For some of us athletics and focus come easy and Cory Jones is one of those select few. Jones has used his talent and hard work to play professional baseball. He is currently a pitcher in the minor leagues for the St. Louis Cardinals, with hopes of playing in the big leagues fairly soon. Not only does Jones have the ability to put a tiny ball into a fairly small strike zone, but he also is capable of hitting targets from several yards away with a wide array of firearms.

EidenMichael_EstablishingShotw

Jones found his love for firearms two years ago when he stepped foot on a gun range with a friend who was a gun enthusiast. Up to that point, Jones never had the opportunity to shoot a firearm. “I’ve always been into firearms. None of my family was into firearms so I wasn’t exposed to it at all while growing up,” said Jones. After that one day at the range, Jones realized he had the desire to learn and obtain all the knowledge he could about firearms. “I really just wanted to research and know the different types of firearms before I purchased one for myself,” Jones claimed.

EidenMichael_CutAwayShotw

That day he pulled the trigger at the gun range and smelled the gunpowder; he knew he could turn this into a serious hobby. “During the offseason my friend and I decided to go to the shooting range and that’s when it all began,” explained Jones with excitement.  Jones wanted to make his first purchase, but he knew that having knowledge wasn’t enough. He realized he had to practice firearm safety in order to execute proper ownership of a firearm. Once he had acquired more than the necessary amount knowledge involving firearms, he decided it was the right time for him to purchase. “It was a great feeling,” said Jones when purchasing a firearm.

EidenMichael_CloseUpShotw

His passion for firearms continued to elevate after his first purchase. He learned how to strip and clean his firearm, but he made sure that it was the proper technique by doing continuous research and reaching out to fellow firearms enthusiasts.

EidenMichael_DetailShotw

Two years later, Jones has seen his collection rise in his gun safe. He is always looking out for the best deals on firearms, while obtaining the knowledge of each and every one of them.  Jones is currently training for Spring Training as he begins his third season as a St. Louis Cardinal.

EidenMichael_ClosingShotw