Alo Yoga

by Sidney Hur

Founded in 2007, Alo Yoga is an athletic wear brand that aims to inspire mindful movement to yogis around the world. From their sustainable practices of serving consumers with ethically made pieces, to creating an eco-friendly sanctuary for their employees to work in, Alo Yoga has very quickly become one of the most sought-after athleisure clothing brands to both wear and work for.

The Alo brand stands for “Air, Land, and Ocean”– the company built itself on protecting those elements. The founders of the company, Danny Harris and Marco DeGeorge, recognize that “to have a clean practice, you need a clean environment and Alo Yoga strives for that every day”. The brand lives and breathes in its ethical standards. Alo production is 100% sweatshop free, they utilize the best dyes, analyze their water consumption, take close note at their dye times (to reduce waste), and are overall dedicated to minimizing their ecological footprint through daily efforts.

Ways that the Alo brand minimizes their ecological footprint in the workplace and stores is through their car charging stations at the headquarters, advanced recycling programs, sky lights in the warehouse/manufacturers, paperless warehouses, and solar panels throughout their offices and flagship stores. The brand is driven through ethical efforts and believes that the waythey make clothing is just as important as the product itself.

Not only does Alo put in genuine effort to serve consumers with high quality pieces, but the company also invests a great amount of time into the well being of their employees. The
company believes in cultivating community and culture where individuals can truly thrive and grow in. From daily yoga classes at the headquarters, to workshops that hone into our individual ‘why’, Alo is dedicated to creating a community of connectivity and mindful movement in hopes to bring positive transformation to the world.

From the brand’s design to the brand’s mission, I believe a truly responsible company puts in the work both internally and externally. It is important for me when I assess whether a company is responsible or not by asking, “Would I personally work for this company?”, because at the end of the day I want to work for a company that I truly resonate with and I believe brings me value. I can confidently say that Alo Yoga is one of the most authentically influential companies I dream to work for