Hello Class!

Hi all, my name is Katelyn and I’m a senior majoring in psychology. I am also minoring in anthropology, chemistry, and of course Japanese. As if that wasn’t enough work for one person, I am also pre-med. I eventually want to be a child psychiatrist. Currently, I’m taking 4th year Japanese (reading and writing), so I’m hoping I’ll have a better grasp on grammar and sentence structure after completing this course. Despite having learned Japanese for a few years now and earning good grades, it’s not really something that comes naturally to me even when writing it out as opposed to speaking, but I think taking a linguistics course will help.

I also find linguistics an interesting subject, and I even used to be a linguistics major before I changed to psychology and pre-med. I took Japanese originally to challenge myself after taking French and German in high school, and I’m also passionate about Japanese history, particularly 戦国時代 and 江戸時代.

As for my hobbies, I enjoy baking/cooking, playing video games (Rocket League, Dragon Age, and Assassin’s Creed are my favorites), and playing dungeons and dragons. Attached is a picture of these really yummy blackberry cheesecake bars I made over the summer, and a picture of my dog, Ava.

よろしくお願いします!