Life Values Assessment

1. Family
  2. Wisdom
  3. Enjoyment
  4. Personal Accomplishment
  5. Friendship
  6. Health
  7. Loyalty
  8. Personal development
  9. Wealth
  10. Prestige
  11. Expertness
  12. Security
  13. Integrity
  14. Power
  15. Service
  16. Independence
  17. Community
  18. Leadership
  19. Creativity
  20. Location

Today’s activity showed 4 out of my top 5. Almost every morning, I start my day by calling my mom. My family is what I value the most. Also I usually have my headphones on, listening to music when walking from class to class. Music is the enjoyment that I cannot give up during the day. Having meals and studying with my friends represent how much I value both personal accomplishment and friendship.

My parents raised me without pressure about my grades in school. So I used to let things go pretty well even if I did not get an impressive grade. However, as I have decided to pursue my job in a medicine field, I realized that I needed the grades that graduate schools require for me to have in order to get in to their schools. I am grateful for how my parents raised me, but I cannot agree with their way of thinking about school anymore. As I am planning to graduate my undergrad soon and am going to pursue my dream of working in a medicine field, I have to do well in my classes. Because I need enjoyment in my life,  I often find it hard to juggle the two.