Q&A with Renee Loheed-Long time friend and former business partner

By: Jessica Hales

How long have you known Rich?

R: Since 1991 – approximately 23 yrs. Our relationship began as employer/employee where he and his wife provided opportunity and enrichment for me personally by their willingness to train me in a meaningful human resources steer, making a difference in people’s lives everyday. That relationship over the past 20+ years grew into a life-long friendship that eventually prompted a relocation from California to Oregon to be with he and his family, continuing to work together in our business and nonprofit ventures.

What can you say about the kind of person/ friend Rich is?

R: Rich is the best father, husband and friend I have known in my 50+ yrs of life. He has tremendous integrity coupled with intense drive and both passion and compassion. Rich’s personal and professional ethics align. He truly does walk the talk and strives to work and live with purpose, always seeking to make a difference in people’s lives around him whether with work, family, charitable activities and most recently in regard to his efforts with Sea Mercy.

How do you feel about his involvement with Sea Mercy?

R: I think it’s nothing short of miraculous to see the incredible progress and development that his efforts have made in almost 2 years’ time. I have been involved with many “good” charitable organizations over the past 35 years and have never witnessed the kind of collaboration, support, government backing, immediate impact and exceptionally positive reception from all involved. The Sea Mercy medical ministry serves communities in Tonga and Fiji that have been severely ignored and basic medical attention that we in the US take for granted has been almost non-existent. Rich’s dream has materialized in real volunteers offering immediate medical expertise and supplies to a hurting people. To experience and witness the incredible reception and amazing gratitude of the people served must be so rewarding to Rich and his family. I believe that God has more then blessed, endorsed and multiplied Rich’s vision, commitment and sacrifice. I can’t what to see what lies ahead.