Session 2: Civilization

The next day, I returned to Civilization and played the game from about 10:30pm to 11:30pm in my bedroom. On my laptop. After the devastating loss of Anitarus, I had only Moscow to guard and control ( I lost Anitarus because I used all of my soldiers to go exploring). However, I didn’t have Moscow under control for very long. The mayor of the city kept fleeing. He fled about 34 times until I decided to restart. I have no idea whether the mayor was repeatedly fleeing or if there was an error in the game system.

Moscow was repeatedly attacked by barbarians but my allies intervened and offered their assistance. I eventually refreshed the browser because I was getting extremely frustrated with the endless “your Major has fled the city of Moscow” notifications and started a new game.
I noticed that when one of my soldier units met with leaders of different nations, the figures in the background generally stayed the same. I found that rather odd. Behind the image of Ghandi on the screen, there was a guy with a Fu Manchu mustache plus goatee as well as a guy in what looked like a samurai helmet. Mustache man also appeared behind Abraham Lincoln. I guessed that the figures in the background presented different allies. However, during the progression of my civilization, the background suddenly switched from a rural landscape to pyramids. The figures themselves were replaced by general Egyptian figures. I also noticed that the text box at the bottom of the screen looked different. You can see the differences in the pictures below. One of the most notable changes was Emperor Abraham Lincoln with the new title of King. I’m guessing that it’s because he conquered my city Anitarus, and became its leader, but I’m not sure.

I repeatedly tried saving the game on a drive but was unsuccessful. Drives A, B, and D didn’t work. Between this sitting and the first one, I kept my computer asleep and the Civilization page open. When I refreshed the page during this session and started a new game, the intro sequence (which couldn’t be skipped), froze. That pretty much ended this game session.