Conner Gordon

This is a photo of me at the Seattle Photo Book & Zine Fair, showcasing work made in the MFA program.

Degree: MFA in Art

Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2024

Prior Degree
BA in Political Science, DePauw University, Greencastle, Indiana

2023 Scholarships
David McCosh Memorial Scholarship in Fine Arts
Dorothy Piacentini Scholarship

I Am Originally From Carmel, IN

WHY I CAME TO THE UO AND HOW I CHOSE MY MAJOR
I was interested in working with the faculty in the MFA program, as well as the location. I love the opportunity to frequently exhibit work and have interdisciplinary conversations within the college!

I was interested in expanding my photographic practice in an interdisciplinary context.

UNIQUE QUALITIES I BRING TO MY STUDIES
I came to UO after a Fulbright Research Grant in Serbia, where I photographed modernist Yugoslav-era architecture. It helped spark my interest exploring academic concepts through art.

MY INFLUENTIAL PROFESSORS
I’ve learned a lot from all of the faculty in the MFA program, both within my media concentration of photography, as well as those from other fields!

MY GREATEST LEARNING EXPERIENCE AT UO
The greatest learning experience I’ve had at UO is learning how to not only deepen my photographic practice, but also put it into conversation with a broader network of artists.

AFTER GRADUATION
I’m hoping to pursue a career in college-level photography education, or work at a photography book publisher.

YOUR GIFT
These scholarships enables me to continue my material explorations in presenting photographs in new and innovative ways, particularly as I prepare my terminal creative project exhibition for spring 2024.

Thank you so much for your support, it’s greatly appreciated!