Distraction Blog 4: Distracted by the Desire for Ice Cream

Week four means midterms.  This week was a long, carried out Anatomy midterm that consisted of three separate parts starting on Monday and ending on Friday.   By the time Thursday night rolled around I was mentally exhausted and studying was proving to be a mission and a half.  It all started out well, I was curled up in a ball on the couch and being productive until  one of my roommates brought up ice cream.  I needed it and could no longer focus on anything but how badly I wanted ice cream and french fries.   I called my boyfriend and we went to McDonald’s and got ice cream, french fries, and breakfast.   It was everything I thought I needed, but then once we got back, I still couldn’t focus on studying.  I was checked out for the night.  I then made a study plan that involved avoiding studying last night and waking up at 5am this morning to cover the rest of the material before the test.

I think I was so easily thrown off my studies because for the past week and a half that is all I’ve been doing and my social life was pretty much reduced to nothing.  I knew I would get a few days break before I needed to crack down for my Physiology midterm next Thursday and I couldn’t wait.  It was so easy to just hang out and watch movies with my boyfriend and roommates that I couldn’t resist.  It could have also been the fact that I was extremely over my routine of constantly studying the same subject.  While I do find anatomy to be fascinating, I was mentally exhausted and willing to be distracted by anything so I could have a break.  While this distraction did turn into a nice relaxing night, waking up this morning took a lot of willpower, and today has been a long one.

One thought on “Distraction Blog 4: Distracted by the Desire for Ice Cream”