Professionalism Grade

Over the course of the term I have been asked to evaluate my performance of professionalism based on a five part rubric. I will propose how many points I feel I deserve for each of the categories below.

Punctuality: 

Based on the criteria for punctuality I feel I should receive 10 out of the 10 points. Throughout the term I was always on time to class and never once did miss a class. I always made sure I was at least a few minutes early to class each day to show responsibility. As for the memo and Career Services appointments, I made sure I was 5 minutes early because I knew along with myself they had busy schedules too. I feel first impressions are a huge part of being a professional and by being early to these meetings showed that I care. As for the team meetings, my group members on both the mid-evaluation and final evaluation said one of my strengths was always being flexible with my schedule and coming early and prepared to team meetings. Coming on-time to meetings was important to me because like a job it showed I was ready to work at the time of the meeting. Also during the weeks leading up to the presentation, I made sure I was present at every rehearsal of the presentation to gain continuity with my group members. Based on my perfect and on time attendance throughout the term I feel I deserve the entire 10 points. Score: 10/10

Participation: 

My participation in the class I felt was above average, but I feel I could have answered more questions during class than I did this term. I was hesitant to speak in class in the beginning but as the class went on I answered more questions because I grew more confident. As for the first group presentation, I volunteered because I wanted to improve on my public speaking skills and become more confident talking in front of my classmates. After the presentation, I found myself participating more in class discussions. By participating more in class during the second half of the term I felt like I was contributing more to the class than before. One example of this was when Career Services came into our class to discuss the cover letter. I volunteered a few times during the discussion because the class seemed hesitant to speak. I feel after I participated the class started to participate more as well. Before this class I probably would have sat back, but in this case I volunteered to add to the discussion of the class. Since I started to participate more as the term progressed I feel I could have participated more in the beginning of the term. For this reason, I feel I deserve 8 out of the 10 points. Score: 8/10

Respect for Others: 

Over the course of the term I always made an effort to respect all of my group members ideas and when meeting with the GTF’s and Career Services I took their feedback and applied it to my memo and resume. For example, when meeting when the GTF for the memo I listened to her advice and notes on what I was doing wrong and applied those notes to my memo. As a result, I improved my overall score from a P to a 30 out of 40. By listening to her feedback and applying it straight to my memo I was rewarded with positive results. During group meetings I always listened to each group members ideas and never shot down an idea. Through the in class exercises and the readings I learned that one of the most important ideas to a group is to welcome any and every idea. Saying this I tried to link every idea to our proposal in a positive way. One thing I could have done better though was to stay on task more during each team meeting. Our group sometimes went off topic for periods of time and I could have done a better job of limiting off topic discussions. During my final feedback I was aware that during one of the last meetings for the proposal I said something that a group member took the wrong way. We met for like 7-8 hours that day and I guess I said something that a group member did not like. Although I had a final the next day and was overwhelmed with the length of time we were meeting for I should have been more respectful in that moment. Other than that I feel I was always respectful and a positive team member that encouraged others to form ideas that could improve our group dynamic. For these reasons, I feel I earned an 8 out of 10 in this category. Score: 8/10

Preparation: 

For the readings of the class, I always had the articles read before I came to class. I felt prepared when the topics discussed in class were linked to the readings and felt more intrigued in class discussion. As for the assignments, I submitted each assignment on time and on safe assign and made sure each assignment was completed correctly. When writing the mid-term and final evaluation forms, I made sure I wrote information that my group members could learn from or recognize what their strengths are. I always checked the weekly class schedule on Sundays to make sure I had all the correct information for the week ahead. I never had to rely on other people in the class to let me know when assignments were due because I was always prepared ahead of time by looking on the course website. When we had tasks to complete individually in our group I made sure every member knew their part and came prepared to meetings and class. For example as a group we all had different roles and tasks and through group messaging I made sure my task would be completed before every group meeting. Due to my responsibility for turning in assignments on time and coming prepared to every class and group meeting I feel I have earned 1o out of 10 points in this category. Score: 10/10

Initiative and Motivation: 

Before taking this class I was unfamiliar with all the services that the Lundquist College of Business offers to each student. Throughout the term I realized the benefits that these services could offer and now plan to use these services more often in the upcoming terms. One service I feel I could of took more advantage of is the teacher’s office hours. I feel like during the proposal process my group and I could have used the availability of office hours to make necessary improvements with the proposal during the course of ten weeks. From being hesitant in the beginning of the term to talking regularly in every group meeting I came a long way in regards to my personal leadership development. I learned to challenge other member’s ideas to make sure each idea that was brought up could positively contribute to our proposal. As seen in my final peer evaluations, my group members recognized this trait of challenging the process. Before this class I would have been hesitant to challenge and improve ideas, but I learned this type of leadership is an important part for the group to progress. During the proposal I also took advantage of student interviews and research on our proposal topic. This allowed me to connect with other students in the LCB and get their insight on what services could be improved or changed. Saying this, I used this information in our proposal to strengthen our overall argument. Based on this evidence I feel I earned a 9 out of 10 in this area. Score: 9/10

Overall Score: 45/50

Based on my explanation and my actions over the term, I feel that I have earned 45 out of 50 points. I feel that my professionalism over the term has steadily improved and my efforts and actions have reflected that. The concepts and experience I learned in this class is only going to benefit me moving forward.

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>