Major gifts help expand UO Business Law Program

UO Law Building

Dean Burke

“We are delighted about receiving these major gifts for Oregon’s Business Law program.  These investments will ensure that our Business Law Program is not only the best in the state, but among the very best in the nation.”

— Dean Marcilynn A. Burke, Dave Frohnmayer Chain in Leadership & Law

The Business Law Program at the UO School of Law recently received two major gifts. One from Nancy and Dave Petrone in the amount of $250,000, and the second from Ron and Linda Greenman in the amount of $100,000.

These gifts will help ensure our Business Law Program achieves excellence by:

• enhancing our practical skills and clinical business law offerings
  • building partnerships with the UO Lundquist College of Business
  • expanding our moot court capacity
  • providing fellowships and stipends to attract and retain new students
  • supporting program administration

The school looks to expand the Business Law Program immediately.  Starting this year, the school is working with the Lundquist College of Business to create a JD/Master’s in Finance concurrent degree program.

Longtime university donors Nancy and Dave Petrone say that they are excited to see their gift used as seed money to accelerate and amplify the Business Law program’s growth.

Nancy and Dave Petrone
Nancy and Dave Petrone
Ron and Linda Greenman in Shanghai, China
Ron and Linda Greenman

“We love what the UO is – and what the UO can be,” said Dave Petrone, a “double Duck” with an economics degree and an MBA. “What is being done in Business Law is very exciting and the visionary plan to elevate the program is great for the UO and the state.”

The gift from Linda and Ron Greenman, also a “double Duck” with a political science degree and a JD from the law school, is set to launch the new Ronald and Linda Greenman Business Law Program Endowment Fund.

“I hope this gift will allow more of the law school students entry into a career that is very fulfilling,” Greenman said. “We ought to try to sustain and nurture the piece of the puzzle that the legal profession can uniquely provide, by bringing up young lawyers.”

For more information about how you can contribute, contact UO School of Law Development Director Jessica Merkner at: jmerkner@uoregon.edu

10 comments on “Major gifts help expand UO Business Law Program

1. Great post!! I am very glad to read this post as you have shared very knowledgeable stuff 🙂 I discovered this blog really helpful in order to enhance my knowledge and I will definitely share your post with my friends in order to enhance their knowledge!!
    https://www.bullandrabbit.com.my/

2. I’m impressed by your ideas and skills that you elaborate this topic as well, I must say I’m impressed by reading this blog and I’ll definitely suggest to others to read this post.
    Here Air Conditioning Sydney is providing best AC services, you must visit here at once.

3. Information stated in points is particularly easy to understand and it seems that it comes from valid sources. Thanks for this blog and looking forward to similar posts in the future.
    West Osteopathy Hoppers is providing best Osteopathic Treatment, you must visit here.