Not Everyday Can be Great

February 28, 2014

Week 8 had to have been the hardest week of the term.  With the term winding down and all the projects, events and finals finishing, this week has been a blur.  Starting on Monday, the week has been at full speed with the proposal, resume, cover letter all due in BA 352 as well as countless other projects and assignment due in the differing classes.  This week being so busy and stressful really tested my resolve and leadership skills.

The proposal really came together strongly.  As a group, we broke up the different parts and through this, we were efficient in our efforts and finished the assignment without much conflict.  With each member staying on task and not straying away from their direct assignment.  Overall, through the effective delegation and teamwork, the team really worked well together and as a whole, the project turned out great.

In regards to my writing abilities, I really improved on my ability to be more concise with my word choices.  Before, I used too much fluff and my sentences were far too wordy and vague.  Over the course of this term, I really improved upon my ability to shorten sentences and get to the point when it comes to my business writing.

Most of this week was related to writing so overall my leadership abilities in the group were never really analyzed however outside of the group, a lot of stuff was going on with my life and my ability to understand where others are coming from really helped me to relate to people.  My emotional intelligence was really tested during this week but understanding others as well as my own beliefs really made this week go a lot more efficiently.  Hopefully this next week will go more smoothly as we finish up our presentation for the EETF.