Final pinup

https://vimeo.com/62838664

Background board

BOARD 2Board 3

building animation

My Project focuses on creating an efficient community, where our daily needs are within minutes reach: to work/public transportation, grocery store, park, gym, and other recreational activities.

I began this term by refining my site information and refining my building program. Using the refined information, I developed multiple forms for the building and refined it into one simplified form over the term following the initial idea of creating a connection between Ira Keller fountain and PSU Plaza. In order to create the connection, I created a public outdoor space at the two corners with retail on the bottom floors of the building and a public atrium space at the center to protect people from the natural elements. To create a sense of community in the area, residential units are placed from the second floor and above. The student residents are located on the south side and regular residents on the North side with semi-public spaces such as game room, music room, lounge, and etc overlooking the atrium space. The roof terraces are designed as different outdoor spaces, such as Dog Park, playground, ball field, community garden, and etc to meet different residents interests.

After Final Presentation:

Some of the feedback I received during the final presentation was that a tall atrium space is not ideal since it prevents natural ventilation for residential units facing the atrium space. Thus, My plan is to take away the enclosing of the atrium space and use the semi-public spaces as a covering from the rain.