Class Blog

See it in real life!

All summer my thesis final boards and models will be in the White Stag Building.  If you are in Portland and would like to see my work stop by and shot me an e-mail of what you think.  Any feedback is welcome.
-Chet

Final Presentation

June 6, 2013.  The deadline of all deadlines.  Posted below are links to my final presentation.  The culmination of all of my hard work from the past 6+ months.  After many sleepless nights it all came down to two presentations in front of various professionals and my peers.  The presentations I feel went very well. […]

Pre-Final Midterm

Below is my pre final work for my thesis studio.  It was one of the final design pushes in the term.  The main feedback I received from my final undergraduate midterm was to keep pushing my design and to focus on the individual units working as a whole.  The later was feedback I heard for the first time but […]

final thesis booklet and video

Final Thesis booklet
PSU Convinient community – movie

Final Midterm Review – Bringing it all together

Final Facade  At this point I have finalized my enclosure to be composed of a conventional curtain wall system that ties back to the alternating patterns on the existing roof. The issue of the Northern facade feeling too disconnected is resolved by creating a facade that is the exact negative version of the South facade. […]

Midterm – Finalizing Tectonics and Building Systems

Facade Second Pass During the second midterm review I prepared a couple versions of an enclosure that was essentially a conventional curtain wall set up. The idea was to become more energy efficient while still having some of the feel a perforated screen would: those moments where you could catch glimpses of what is going […]

Final presentation

The final presentation was presented to two groups of reviewers. The first presentation, I became, too nervous and did not go as well as I hoped. But by the second presentation, I had calmed down, and was able to enjoy the critique and interaction with the reviewers. If I had … Continue reading

Final Document

Final Review

For my final review I put together three different categories of information.   1. Urban planning decisions, 2040 vision 2. Site plan and user experience through the site 3. building form with plans and sections and many rendered perspectives   I also pinned up process work and set out urban, site and tectonic models   […]

3 of 3

My final process post looks at the review we had with PLACE Landscape studio. We brought our work to their studio to receive final feedback and site design and landscaping elements. For this presentation I brought pin-up work and site model. Valuable information I received at this meeting involved the function of living machines as […]