Midterm Thoughts

For the most part the feedback relating to the urban scale, and moves my building makes in response was positive.  The focus of my reviews was really about taking my concepts and pushing them into new areas.   I find these types of reviews the most helpful, because it really encourages the growth of an idea.

We looked at how the concept of water flow works at the building scale and discussed how the ideas can be introduced into areas that were underdeveloped such as the outdoor space and the water taxi terminal.  I have also begun thinking about these concepts and how they might apply to the section.  These are my next steps in my development.  These ideas will also transition well into the next phase of façade design.

There wasn’t a great deal of discussion about the sustainable aspects, other than the ones that relate to nature, such as my water’s edge design.  This detail is special, but can be pushed in a way that makes it special for all who experience it, not just fish.  Carson, Christine and I are talking about ways we can share resources at a district level.

I had mixed reviews about the spatial organization.  Some loved the rigidity of the layout, while others would have liked to see some variation.  The idea behind the rigidity is that the vendors placed in the stalls have a great amount of flexibility, therefore becoming the variation.

I am excited to keep pushing my concept into new areas.  I am pretty happy with the way the market is functioning, but need to put more attention into the water taxi terminal and site design details.