Me

My college career started at San Diego Mesa College. At that time my main concern was playing baseball at a four-year university and finding an out-of-state school that would accept me. Fortunately, I was able to accomplish one of my two original goals, when I was accepted into the University of Oregon. I have spent three years in the Northwest, and have grown to love the outdoor community that surrounds me. When I am not thinking about my future career as a marketing professional, I am snowboarding, hiking, and rock climbing. Oregon offers a unique combination of outdoor activities, and some of the best ski resorts I have been to. Over the last three years I have snowboarded at four different ski resorts around Eugene including Mt. Hoodoo, Bachelor, Hood, and Willamette Pass.

It has taken me six years to complete my undergraduate, because I switched my major, transferred colleges, and decided to take a year off of school to receive in-state tuition. I have called the Lundquist School of Business home for the last two years. My undergraduate courses have been a collection of group projects, case analysis, and financial reports; most of which I will not miss, but has also provided an opportunity to learn from the best business professors, and engage in critical dialogue with a diverse collection of intellectuals. Last year I made the decision to add a minor in multi-media to diversify my skills, which is why I am taking J333 today. I decided to take a minor in multi-media because I needed classes that would help me to refine and explore my artistic talents. Lundquist provided me with the strategy and decision-making skills I needed, but was not a sufficient enabler of artistic expression.

After the Spring Term, I will head back to San Diego to spend time with my family while working for the family business. My father started a hardwood flooring company when he was in his late twenties, which has grown into a million dollar business today. I am proud of my father’s accomplishments and grateful for everything he and his company have done for my family’s financial security, but do not want to work for the company the rest of my life. Like my father, I am in search of entrepreneurial endeavors. My long-term objective is to own a marketing firm one-day and employ a team of six to seven liked minded individuals. I know the road may be tough, but I need to challenge myself in order to feel accomplished in life.