During UO’s homecoming week, the rowing team will be hosting the “Repaint the O” alumni event, whcih is a chance for alumni in the Eugene and Portland areas to reconnect with the UO club, rowers, and coaches at beautiful Dexter Lake on October 18th, 2014.
The event will include:
– Repainting the “O”, the symbol of Oregon, that is on the concrete above our dock. Given the winter weather in Eugene, it is due for a fresh coat of paint (supplies provided by the club)
– A tour of the boathouse, and quick summary of the team’s recent accomplishments by Head Coach Marlene Kindorf
– Weather permitting, a possible alumni row
– A barbeque that gives alumni the chance to mingle and share stories with each other and current UO rowers
The event will last roughly two hours, from 11-1pm on Saturday October 18th. All alumni and friends are welcome at the event, but to ensure that we have enough food for everyone we ask that you RSVP with us at email@example.com. In the email, please indicate if you’re interested in participating in an alumni row!
Last weekend, the Oregon crew competed in the NCRC Invitational in Vancouver, Washington. Most notably, the varsity men’s eight took second place out of four entries in their event, and the women’s varsity four took third out of five entries. However, all crews performed well, with the novice women’s eights taking second and third place, the novice men’s fours taking third and fourth place, the varsity women’s eight taking third place, and the varsity men’s fours taking fourth and second places respectively in two separate heats. It was a good weekend for almost everyone, especially considering that it was only the second competition of the season.
This weekend, the team will be competing in the Covered Bridge Regatta, hosted by the OAR masters rowing club, at Dexter Lake in Lowell, Oregon, which is their home course. We will be competing against many of the same crews that we have in the past two weekends in this event, and it will be highly competitive. The Oregon crew will be racing a varsity men’s eight, a varsity women’s eight, two varsity men’s fours and a varsity women’s four, a novice men’s four and a novice women’s four, a JV women’s four, two novice women’s eights, and a novice men’s eight. Everyone is expected to do well.
We will be having several opportunities for you to come and see what Oregon Rowing is about!
1) We will be hosting an event during “Duck N2 the Rec” at the UO Student Rec Center from 3-5pm on 9/20
2) We will have a table at the Club Sports Open House in the EMU on 9/27 from 6-730pm
3) We will have two informational meetings for prospective rowers, on 9/28 and 10/2 from 6-8pm in Mackenzie 214
*These informational meetings will be covering the same material. It is only necessary to attend 1, but if you really liked the first meeting you can come back for the second*
Please come and talk to us on these dates! If you have any questions or concerns that you would like an answer for before then, feel free to contact team President Delaney Butler at 541-280-1982 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The UO Rowing Team will be selling baked goods outside the Duck Store on Wednesday, March 7. Come support the team!
On Wednesday, March 7, the rowing team will hold a bake sale outside the Duck Store. Team members will be selling an assortment of baked goods such as brownies, cookies, peanut bars and much more. Some of the goods will be decorated with a rowing theme.
The team will be fundraising from 8 am – 7 pm. Any donation will help with spring racing (including race entry and travel fees) just around the corner. Please come support the rowing team, and as a bonus, enjoy a delicious baked treat!