In long time ago, people eat food just for feeding themselves. However, nowadays, there are so many different kinds of restaurant, such as Chinese restaurant, French restaurant, Italian restaurant and etc. Moreover, people still classify the restaurants by the different foods. For example, fast food restaurant, seafood restaurant and etc. According to this, we can see that people treat food seriously. Therefore, in my opinion, if we think food is art, then food is art. Because when food is given by the waiter in the restaurant, we always evaluate it in not only the taste, but also the appearance. Moreover, some people still think about the matching of one kind of food to another food. And the most important part is that, not everyone could cook a beautiful and delicious food. Just like Chopin could create some classic music, and Da Vinci could draw some extraordinary paintings.

2013-12-27-food12

For example, as we can see, they are sushis. And moreover, there are oranges under them, how creative they are! When I look at this picture, I cannot help to eat them all, even I’ve had the dinner half an hour ago. On the other hand, let’s see another picture.

Soul_Food_at_Powell's_Place

Indeed, when people are hungry, they must really want to this meal. However, we are talking about food’s art. For example, people might not go to art museum to see the painting when they could not even have a place to live or have something to eat. Personally speaking, when I look at this picture, I am just seeing a lot of unhealthy junk food. Compare to the sushi picture, I would not eat these unhealthy food even I am hungry.

Furthermore, in my opinion, food’s art is not only the taste of the food, but also the appearance of it. In other words, for some food, we do not eat; we just watch it. For instance, imagesWhen I first look at it, I really thought it is a shoe. However, when I stare at it for about six seconds. I just realize that it is a burger. However, If this burger is put in front of me, I won’t eat it. Because it is so cute. And I will I could wear it.

Some people even draw on the food, foodart4. For some people, this is an apple. But for some other people who are artiest, it is a thing to release their creative mind. Just like this apple in the picture, someone drew a world map on it! And I am thinking that how did he/she do that? Did he/she do it by pen, knife, or mouth? This is the glamour of art.