You will need to bring the following item(s) when you come to do your payroll paperwork:

If you want your paycheck to be automatically deposited into your checking account, you will need to either bring in a blank check or go on DuckWeb and sign-up for direct deposit. If you do it yourself on DuckWeb you will need your routing number and account number. Be sure to check the boxes for “Payroll Deposit” and “Employee Reimbursement and Student Refund.”

US Citizens and US Resident Aliens:
  • Your current passport (unexpired),


  • One document from Group A  AND  one document from Group B
Group A Group B
Driver’s license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States providing it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address Social Security card (with no restrictions)
UO School ID card with photograph Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form DS-545)
Voter’s registration card Certificate of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)
US Military card or draft record Native American tribal document
Military dependent’s ID card US Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form-I179)
Native American tribal document

NOTE: If you have lost your Social Security card:

  • You can get a replacement card. Go to your local Social Security Administration office or to the Eugene office (2504 Oakmont Way, Eugene, OR 97401). They will provide you with a letter stating a new card is on order.
  • This letter is valid for 30 days and will act as a temporary document establishing your employment authorization until you get your new Social Security card. When you get your replacement card you will need to bring it to the SOMD Accounting Office (Room 219F) so they can photocopy it.

International Students:
  • Your Social Security card/number
    • If you do not have a Social Security card, you will need to request one. Go to the following link You will need to fill out the F-1 Social Security Verification Form (listed under “Printable/Downloadable Forms”). Complete the “Student” box. Bring the form to the SOMD Accounting Office so that one of our accountants can complete the “Employer” box. You will then need to take the form to UO International Affairs to have a SEVIS record created. After these two steps you will need to go to the Social Security Office to apply for your card. The nearest office in Eugene is at 2504 Oakmont Way, Eugene, OR (behind Albertson’s on Coburg Road).
  • Your valid passport
  • I-94 Form – Available online at
  • Most recent I-20 Form (proof of your F-1 visa status) or the DS-2019 Form (proof of your J-1 visa status) – These are issued by the UO Office of International Affairs upon arrival. 

International GEs must also submit paperwork as described on the following webpage:

NOTE: If your payroll paperwork is not completed before September 19th, your first pay check may be delayed.

REMINDER: Be sure to go to to claim your UO Duck ID if you have not already done so. This will need to be done to get access to the copier/printer multi-function machine in the GE Lab.


Print Friendly, PDF & Email