You will need to bring the following item(s) when you come to do your payroll paperwork:
If you want your paycheck to be automatically deposited into your checking account, you will need to either bring in a blank check or go on DuckWeb and sign-up for direct deposit. If you do it yourself on DuckWeb you will need your routing number and account number. Be sure to check the boxes for “Payroll Deposit” and “Employee Reimbursement and Student Refund.”
US Citizens and US Resident Aliens:
- Your current passport (unexpired),
- One document from Group A AND one document from Group B
|Group A||Group B|
|Driver’s license or ID card issued by a State or outlying possession of the United States providing it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address||Social Security card (with no restrictions)|
|UO School ID card with photograph||Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal|
|ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address||Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form DS-545)|
|Voter’s registration card||Certificate of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)|
|US Military card or draft record||Native American tribal document|
|Military dependent’s ID card||US Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)|
|US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card||Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form-I179)|
|Native American tribal document|
NOTE: If you have lost your Social Security card:
- You can get a replacement card. Go to your local Social Security Administration office or to the Eugene office (2504 Oakmont Way, Eugene, OR 97401). They will provide you with a letter stating a new card is on order.
- This letter is valid for 30 days and will act as a temporary document establishing your employment authorization until you get your new Social Security card. When you get your replacement card you will need to bring it to Ceci LaFayette or Jim Klenke so they can photocopy it.
- Your Social Security card/number
- If you do not have a Social Security card, you will need to request one. Go to the following link https://isss.uoregon.edu/employment (under the Social Security Number section) for the documents you will need to apply for a Social Security number. You will need to fill out the F-1 Social Security Verification Form (found at the link) and have Ceci LaFayette or Jim Klenke complete Part 2. You will then need to take the form to UO International Affairs to have a SEVIS record created. After these two steps you will need to go to the Social Security Office to apply for your card. The nearest office in Eugene is at 2504 Oakmont Way, Eugene, OR (behind Albertson’s on Coburg Road).
- Your valid passport
- I-94 Form – Available online at https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
- Most recent I-20 Form (proof of your F-1 visa status) or the DS-2019 Form (proof of your J-1 visa status) – These are issued by the UO Office of International Affairs upon arrival.
International GTFs must also submit the following paperwork. Please look this over to see what papers or information you need to bring with you:
- A) UO-NRA Foreign National Information Request form: https://ba.uoregon.edu/content/international-employees-student
INSTRUCTIONS: Complete pages 1 and 2. When this form is submitted, it must be accompanied by copies of the I-94 card and, if applicable, the I-20 Form (proof of your F-1 visa status) or the DS-2019 Form (proof of your J-1 visa status). The I-20 and DS-2019 are issued by the UO Office of International Affairs upon arrival. Be prepared to list all previous days you were present in the United States.
- B) Social Security Verification Form: http://isss.uoregon.edu/employment
INSTRUCTIONS: This to be used if you don’t already have a Social Security number/card. Section 2 will be completed by Ceci LaFayette or Jim Klenke in the SOMD Accounting office, room 219F. The Social Security Office in Eugene is located behind Albertsons on Coburg Road. Their address is 2504 Oakmont Way, Eugene, Oregon 97401.
- C) 8233 Federal Tax Form: https://ba.uoregon.edu/content/international-employees-student
INSTRUCTIONS: This IRS form is optional. It needs to be completed annually only if you are from a tax treaty country and you want to claim a tax treaty while you are employed. The IRS Form 8233 must be accompanied by the appropriate 8233 Attachment letter.
See List of 8233 Attachment Letters organized by purpose and country of permanent residence.
For a list of tax treaty countries, see http://ba.uoregon.edu/sites/ba/files/forms/taxtreatstudent.pdf
NOTE: If your payroll paperwork is not completed before September 6th, your first pay check may be delayed.
REMINDER: Be sure to go to https://it.uoregon.edu/duckid to claim your UO Duck ID if you have not already done so. This will need to be done to get access to the copier/printer multi-function machine in the GE Lab.