Women’s Center – Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coordinator
Student Leadership Overview
The Women’s Center seeks to provide leadership skills through experiential learning opportunities and empowerment. Our center focuses on bridging classroom learning and student activism. The WC provides education, advocacy and support via resources, referral, event coordination, support groups, lactation space, quarterly magazine, community outreach, cultural events co-sponsored with various organizations/departments, etc. in order to promote a safe, equitable and affirming campus climate for people of all genders. Student Coordinators comprise the heart of the center’s services and programming efforts.
The mission of the Women’s Center is to advocate for the best educational and working environment for women and people of all genders at the University of Oregon. We accomplish this by working toward societal change, the ending of oppression and by supporting personal growth.
Yearly WC Events:
• “The Red Zone” Sexual Violence Awareness Campaign
• Domestic Violence Awareness Month Toiletry Drive
• Women of Color Symposium/Allyship Symposium
• Lyllye B. Parker Women of Color Speaker Series
• International Women’s Day
• Take Back the Night
• OUT/LOUD Queer and Trans Womxn’s Performance Fest
Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coordinator Experiential Learning Opportunities:
• Coordinating Take Back the Night Rally, March and Speak-Out
• Coordinating Red Zone Sexual Violence Awareness Campaign
• Co-facilitating Take Back the Night Committee Meetings with Sexual Assault Support Services
• Developing collaborative relationships with other student organizations and departments, including Sexual Wellness Advocacy Team, UO Organization Against Sexual Assault, Sexual Violence Prevention and Education and Crisis Intervention and Sexual Violence Response Services in the Office of the Dean of Students, Student Survivor Legal Services, etc.
• Contributing written content or artwork to The Siren Magazine