Women’s Center – Non Traditional Student Coordinator
Student Leadership Overview
The Women’s Center seeks to provide leadership skills through experiential learning opportunities and empowerment. Our center focuses on bridging classroom learning and student activism. The WC provides education, advocacy and support via resources, referral, event coordination, support groups, lactation space, quarterly magazine, community outreach, cultural events co-sponsored with various organizations/departments, etc. in order to promote a safe, equitable and affirming campus climate for people of all genders. Student Coordinators comprise the heart of the center’s services and programming efforts.
The mission of the Women’s Center is to advocate for the best educational and working environment for women and people of all genders at the University of Oregon. We accomplish this by working toward societal change, the ending of oppression and by supporting personal growth.
Yearly WC Events:
• “The Red Zone” Sexual Violence Awareness Campaign
• Domestic Violence Awareness Month Toiletry Drive
• Women of Color Symposium/Allyship Symposium
• Lyllye B. Parker Women of Color Speaker Series
• International Women’s Day
• Take Back the Night
• OUT/LOUD Queer and Trans Womxn’s Performance Fest
Non Traditional Student Coordinator Experiential Learning Opportunities and Goals:
• Coordinating Fall and Spring “Toy and Clothing Swap”
• Coordinating a workshop for annual “Bring your Daughters and Sons to Work Day”
• Co-coordinating Women’s Veteran’s Week with Veteran’s and Family Student Association
• Developing collaborative relationships with other student organizations and departments, including Non-Traditional Student Union, Veteran’s and Family Student Association, Non-Traditional and Veteran Student Engagement and Success, Lane Community College Women in Transition Programs, etc.
• Contributing written content or artwork to The Siren Magazine