Meet The WC Staff!

Student Coordinators

Danielle Elbaz (She/Her/Hers)

PublicRelationsWC@gmail.com

Danielle is the Public Relations Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Danielle works at the WC because “I am passionate about social justice work and changing the communities around us to live with compassion and empathy.”

Kei Kort (She/Her/Hers)

VisualDesignWC@gmail.com

Kei is the Visual Design Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Kei works at the WC, “to amplify the voices of others through my work and to grow as an activist. I hope to develop as an artist and to grow as a person.

Heather Barclay (She/Her/Hers)

LGBTQWC@gmail.com

Heather is the LGBTQIA+ Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Heather works at the WC because,”I love and value working in such an affirming and uplifting environment. The Women’s Center has helped me to grow both individually and in my ability to contribute to a positive and inclusive campus.”

Kimberly Harris (She/Her/Hers)

sirenwc@gmail.com

Kimmy is the Editor-In-Chief of The Siren Feminist Magazine. Kimberly works at the WC because, “women belong in all places where decisions are being made,” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Makaal Williams (She/They)

NonTradWC@gmail.com

Makaal is the Nontraditional Student Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Makaal works at the WC because “Working at the Women’s Center means being surrounded by people working towards societal change, dismantling the systems that harm us, and supporting personal growth all through a student and survivor centered intersectional lens. I value the work of this collective, and the space it’s provided me to unlearn, heal, and grow. In my own journey I want to empower others to know their voice and stories matter, and are valid.

Kati Rodriguez Perez (She/Her/Hers)

SVPEWC@gmail.com

Kati is the Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Kati works at the WC “because it has always been a space I have felt welcomed and safe in. I am allowed to be my radical self in a judgment free zone.

Stasya Jackson (She/Her/Hers)

DisabilityJusticeWC@gmail.com

Stasya is the Disability Justice Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Stasya works at the WC because “I really value the work we do here and how just our presence on this campus is something that generations of women before us really had to fight for, and I want to honor that. I also care deeply for the intersectional values the WC holds and I want to make sure I’m doing as much as I can to spread that message.”

Violet Johnson (She/Her/Hers)

DiversityWC@gmail.com

Violet is the Racial Justice Coordinator at the Women’s Center. She works at the WC “because as a queer woman of color, intersectional feminism plays a pivotal role in my and my peers success and well being. I strive to be an ally and advocate for my marginalized fellow students at the University of Oregon.”

Aqsa Khaliq Khan (She/Her/Hers)

globalfemwc@gmail.com

Aqsa is the International Student Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Aqsa works at the WC because “I want to work towards devising strategies that are more inclusive and beneficial for the international student community, especially voicing the challenges of the students who are underrepresented and forming a safe home for them at the Women’s Center.”

Office Assistants

Angela Noah (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Angela is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Angela works at the WC because, “representation is important especially for womxn of color. As an Apache woman, I have been taught to remember my people and to bring healing to a space. I hope to offer that and am excited to be a part of this team!”

Anette Rodriguez-Rojas (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Anette is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Anette works at the WC because,  “I work for the WC because I want to help make a comfortable and safe space for others that feel they don’t belong anywhere in UO, like I once did before.”

Irvin Torres (He/Him/His)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Irvin is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Irvin works at the WC because, “mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts.” – Nikki Giovanni

Maggie Bertrand (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Maggie is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Maggie works at the WC because, “welcoming diversity, and supporting all human beings, is the most influential and healthy way to promote growth and change in a society, which the Women’s Center exemplifies in every way.”

Luna Pelaez (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Luna is an Office Assistant at the WC. Luna works at the WC because “work always needs to be done! I want to make sure everyone at UO feels safe and welcomed!”

Alison Beaulieu (She/Her/Hers)

Alison is the Digital Media Content Coordinator at the WC. Alison works at the WC because “I strive to uplift the voices of those around me and create an environment in which everyone feels that their voice is heard and validated.” 

Paula Levy (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Paula is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Paula works at the WC  “because I believe in the idea that creating safe and inclusive spaces for people is a form of social justice. I want to be a part of helping students of all identities on this campus as well as learning how to develop my intersectional feminism. Thanks for making the website!”

Rubby Marquez Tellez (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Rubby is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Rubby works at the WC “to stay involved with my community and educate others.”

Wendy is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Wendy loves working at the WC because “it aligns with my personal beliefs of feminism and social justice is something very important for me. Also I really like the staff and helping others!”

Johana Amani (She/Her/Hers)

joangloria2@gmail.com

Johana is an Office Assistant at the WC. Johana works at the WC because, “It was easy to persecute me without people feeling ashamed. It was easy to vilify me and project me as a woman who was not following the tradition of a good African woman and as a highly educated elitist who was trying to show innocent African women ways of doing things that were not acceptable to African men,” by Wangari Maathai.

Janeth Alonso Alonso (She/Her/Hers)

Janeth is an Office Assistant at the WC. Janeth works at the WC because it is “one of the few spaces on campus, I feel welcome and safe. The community is very warm and loving and I feel protected.”

Professional Staff

Fatima Roohi Pervaiz (She/Her/Hers)

fpervaiz@uoregon.edu

Fatima is the Director of the Women’s Center. Fatima works at the WC because “I believe that creating safe and affirming spaces established with dignity and respect is a revolutionary act.”

Karyn Schultz (She/Her/Hers)

karyns@uregon.edu

Karyn is the Administrative Program Assistant of the Women’s Center. Karyn works at the WC because “making social change, and uplifting others (and myself) uplifts me and fills me with gratitude (yes, I have an awesome gig!). So glad to be part of this Feminist Hive