Meet The WC Staff!

Student Coordinators

Danielle Elbaz (She/Her/Hers)

PublicRelationsWC@gmail.com

Danielle is the Public Relations Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Danielle works at the WC because “I am passionate about creating a welcoming environment for students on campus where they feel safe and supported, and the Women’s Center is one of the most powerful ways I can accomplish this even in the smallest of ways.”

Katlyn Smith (She/Her/Hers)

NonTradWC@gmail.com

Katlyn is the Non-Traditional Student Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Katlyn works at the WC because “I want to help create a welcoming environment for non-traditional students of all genders, where we can have a sense of community and belonging. I’m especially interested in reaching out to first-generation students and individuals from economically-disadvantaged backgrounds.”

Kiva Hanson (She/Her/Hers)

VisualDesignWC@gmail.com

Kiva is the Visual Design Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Kiva works at the WC because “it allows me to combine my passion for activism and art, and be a part of an amazing feminist collective.”

Mecca Donovan (She/Her/Hers)

VolunteeringWC@gmail.com

Mecca is the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator at the Women’s Center. She works at the WC because “I have a passion for empowering my peers by creating a welcoming, safe and supportive environment. I take great pride and honor in peer educating, and specifically, illuminating the importance of intersectionality while simultaneously supporting womxn and all genders on campus and in our community at large.”

Nic Francisco (They/Them/Theirs)

LGBTQWC@gmail.com

Nic is the LGBTQ Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Nic works at the WC because “a strong feminist collective is a dream work environment. I appreciate and feel honored to work with such passionate people, who are bright, caring, silly, and work like hell to change the world we exist in.”

Olivia Rodriguez (She/Her/Hers)

SVPEWC@gmail.com

Olivia is the Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Olivia works at the WC to “give Sexual Assault Survivors a fierce support, belief, and validation system they can rely on to aid in their healing journey. Creating an inclusive and safe space for Womxn and people of all backgrounds, especially those from marginalized communities, is an imperative goal to the work that I do and hope to achieve on the campus.”

Shilpa Vinod (She/Her/Hers)

GlobalFemWC@gmail.com

Shilpa is the International Student Coordinator at the Women’s Center. Shilpa works at the Women’s Center because “I am passionate about creating a safe and supportive environment for everyone on campus. Everyone at the Women’s Center is so kind and inspiring and I hope to bring the same to those around me.”

Vanessa Sanchez (She/Her, They/Them)

SirenWC@gmail.com

Vanessa is The Siren Magazine Editor-in-Chief at the Women’s Center. Vanessa works at the WC because “it is such a great force of positivity– one we need, especially in today’s social climate. I have not been a part of a group more accepting, kind, and fierce as the UO WC. We care about people, we care about education, and we care about everyone’s voices. I think that’s very special. I invite anyone curious to come in and spend some time with us! We have lots of resources and opportunities to be a force for good.”

Violet Johnson (She/Her/Hers)

DiversityWC@gmail.com

Violet is the Racial Justice Coordinator at the Women’s Center. She works at the WC “because as a queer woman of color intersectional feminism plays a pivotal role in my and my peers success and well being. I strive to be an ally and advocate for my marginalized fellow students at the University of Oregon.”

Office Assistants

Alejandra Antonio-Trejo (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Alejandra is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Alejandra works at the WC “because it represents hope. I feel fortunate to have found such an amazing community where we are all focused on empowering one another. Thanks to the women’s center I continue to learn and practice my activism towards social change.”

Edith Gomez Garcia (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Edith is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Edith works at the Women’s Center because “the Women’s Center mission is providing a safe space for students of all genders, races and ethnicities. I get to meet people who I wouldn’t have met in classes and it’s amazing to be in such a supportive environment.”

Halston Harper (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Halton is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Halton works at the WC because “I am very passionate about Women’s health, rights and well-being. In highschool I was a part of the feminist club and the women of color club, and here at the WC I hope to learn and continue to grow while being a part of something so important to me.”

KW Lau (They/Them/Theirs)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

KW is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. KW works at the WC because “the mission of providing a safe and comforting space for many folks is something i want to always work towards and it’s  so rejuvenating to work in a healing space in a world of much oppression and pain.”

Makaal Williams (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Makaal is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Makaal works at the WC because “it’s a collective of amazing humans working together to create an inclusive, safe, and welcoming space for everyone. Both within the center and out in the community.”

Paula Levy (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Paula is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Paula works at the WC because “I want to be a part of helping women and people of all genders across this campus.”

Rubby Marquez Tellez (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Rubby is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Rubby works at the WC “to stay involved with my community and educate others.”

Stasya Jackson (She/Her/Hers)

WomenCtr@uoregon.edu

Stasya is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Stasya works at the WC because “I really value the work we do here and how just our presence on this campus is something that generations of women before us really had to fight for, and I want to honor that. I also care deeply for the intersectional values the WC holds and I want to make sure I’m doing as much as I can to spread that message.”

Wendy is an Office Assistant at the Women’s Center. Wendy loves working at the WC because “it aligns with my personal beliefs of feminism and social justice is something very important for me. Also I really like the staff and helping others!”

Professional Staff

Fatima Roohi Pervaiz (She/Her/Hers)

fpervaiz@uoregon.edu

Fatima is the Director of the Women’s Center. Fatima works at the WC because “I believe that creating safe and affirming spaces established with dignity and respect is a revolutionary act.”

Karyn Schultz (She/Her/Hers)

karyns@uregon.edu

Karyn is the Administrative Program Assistant of the Women’s Center. Karyn works at the WC because “the Women’s Center to provide a solid foundation for our collective’s efforts to dismantle gender oppression. And because working with y’all (WC staff) gets me up in the morning!”